Plus Blockmodifer Question

By ItsMr.OsborneToYou, in UFS Rules Q & A

Ok... :D ! First Post by meee! Alrighty then...

Due to all the now block modifer boosts, here are my questions :o !

1) If an card without a block modifer is given +_ to its block modifer does it recieve a block and can be used to block an attack?

2) If a card without a block modifer is given +_ to its block modifer can I use it with the ultimate team to discard it for -2 or +2 damage to an attack?

How exactly are you giving +block modifier to a card that doesn't have one?

I think he is looking at Amaryllis Spin, which says while it is in your card pool your block modifiers get +2, but has misread in this situation. It says your block modifiers get +2, but that will only apply to cards which actually have blocks, if a card doesnt have a block, it cannot be given +2. There is a difference between having a block modifier of +0 and not having a block modifier.

to answer the second question. according to my understanding of Amaryllis Spin it's a cloud/floating effect so as soon as you reveal the card to be discarded for ultimate team the effect sees it has a block and then adds 2 to it.

if i'm wrong please correct me. hopefully it works like that cause then ultimate team just got that much better...

it will give +2 to the block modifier but the card you discard for ultimate team has to have a block modifier to give +2 to.

To make your question #2 easier to explain why it doesn't work, read the cost for The Ultimate Team: commit 1 foundation, discard 1 block card. Since the card you want to discard doesn't have a block, you can't pay the cost and therefore it doesn't work.

But in general when something doesn't have a block mod, you can't increase a block mod because it's not there.

woah my bad guys. totaly disregard my earlier comment i misread the question.

Oh Edit:... What about Hammer of the God's It says discard 1 card: This attack gets +X damage X equals the block modifer of the discarded card...

If say I had passive +2 to block modifers out and I discarded a card without a block. Because I have 2 answers right now...

What guitalex2008 said...

But in general when something doesn't have a block mod, you can't increase a block mod because it's not there.

and... what Ziephnir said

It will give +2 to the block modifier but the card you discard for ultimate team has to have a block modifier to give +2 to.

So let just be clear

If a card does not have a block symbol on it, cards that affect block modifers will not affect a card without a block symbol.

Because it does not have a block symbol to modify.

I disagree with the idea that a card without a block will count as having a +2 block on it. Increasing the block modifier on a card is just like increasing the stun rating, or increasing the damage on a card. If the card does not have the modified stat, then it cannot be modified. A card does not gain a stat it does not have if the rating is increased, so a card without a block does not gain a block modifier if it did not have one to begin with.

So the order of modification would be:

1) Check if there is a block modifer

2) Add X if 1 is true.

3) Apply Block modifier+X to the effect if 1 is true, 0 if false.

A. Spin does not add a blanket +2 to effects dealing with block modifiers (which would bypass 1), but attempts to modify an existing value.

-Tinman

EDIT: What Antigoth said

ItsMr.OsborneToYou said:

Oh Edit:... What about Hammer of the God's It says discard 1 card: This attack gets +X damage X equals the block modifer of the discarded card...

If say I had passive +2 to block modifers out and I discarded a card without a block. Because I have 2 answers right now...

What guitalex2008 said...

and... what Ziephnir said

It will give +2 to the block modifier but the card you discard for ultimate team has to have a block modifier to give +2 to.

i dont see how what i said is different from what guitalex said.

i said it will give you an extra +2 or -2 on ultimate team but will not give a modifier to cards that dont have one already