Bloodthirsty Orcs

By Sir Blackadder, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

I have seen a deck here that has the same combo idea as mine, but as my deck is a little different I post it anyway:

Units:

3x Crooked Teef Goblins (quick starters and Rock Lobber fodder)

3x Lobber Crew (very good to get rid off defenders or left overs after battles)

3x Squig Herders (nice combo with We'z bigga! )

3x Urguck (nice combo with We'z bigga! )

3x Big 'Uns (extremely nice combo with We'z bigga! )

3x Boar Boyz (nice combo with We'z bigga! )

3x Ironclaw's Horde (beatdown)

3x Grimgor Ironhide (combo with Rip dere 'eads off! or - if necessary - hardcast finisher)

2x Bloodthirster (finisher combo with Rip dere 'eads off! and nasty surprise defender)

Supports:

3x Choppa (beatdown; especially nice in the early game)

3x Rock Lobber (incredibly useful card)

3x Totem of Gork (beatdown)

Tactics:

3x We'z bigga! (nice combo trigger + early beatsticks)

3x Rip dere 'eads off! (the best Orc card in the game - 'nuff said!) ;-]

3x Waaagh! (3-point finisher)

3x Troll Vomit (Invasion's answer to MtG's Wrath of God - must have!)

Quests:

3x Smash 'em all! (self explanatory)

Da Taktikz:

Get an early start with the cheap units and the quest. Round 2 you can already play Ironclaw's Horde through We'z bigga! to attack an undefended zone. From round 3 the deck should be a no-brainer. Just see to it that you have at least one damaged unit to trigger all those nice abilities. As soon as you can, play the Bloodthirster and/or Grimgor facedown as a development to get them into play through Rip dere 'eads off! to sweep the table. Straight forward rush deck that should give Dwarves a hard time to set up their combos.

I guess you're refering to my deck? Rip dere 'eads off! + grimgor ironhide does not combo to destroy supports&devs since the unit does not enter play with Rip dere ead's off! If it did, orcs would be nigh unstoppable :) .

Sir Blackadder said:

I like the Lobber Crew, but they aren't as good as they could be, since the opponent gets to choose his unit to sacrifice. Of course, LC would probably be over-powered by a mile if you could choose which unit they'd have to sac.

Lafi said:

I guess you're refering to my deck? Rip dere 'eads off! + grimgor ironhide does not combo to destroy supports&devs since the unit does not enter play with Rip dere ead's off! If it did, orcs would be nigh unstoppable :) .

That's bad news. Well, then the Night Goblins might find a way into my deck, since Grimgor is nearly impossible to hardcast.

Dam said:

Sir Blackadder said:

I like the Lobber Crew, but they aren't as good as they could be, since the opponent gets to choose his unit to sacrifice. Of course, LC would probably be over-powered by a mile if you could choose which unit they'd have to sac.

In my experience it is always good to have the option to destroy an enemy card, even if he can choose which one. When he attacks he has the choice to either weaken his attack or lower his defence. For 2 points to cast the Lobber is a real steal of a card and was one of my first picks for the deck. Especially decks that use attachments and/or fewer units will have a hard time with the Lobber since it clears the path for the beatsticks, that are pretty weak in the defence.

Sir Blackadder said:

In my experience it is always good to have the option to destroy an enemy card, even if he can choose which one. When he attacks he has the choice to either weaken his attack or lower his defence. For 2 points to cast the Lobber is a real steal of a card and was one of my first picks for the deck. Especially decks that use attachments and/or fewer units will have a hard time with the Lobber since it clears the path for the beatsticks, that are pretty weak in the defence.

Things get iffy when you play against the Empire. Peasant Militia are there just to serve as fodder (ditto for Huntsmen), but Sigmar's Blessed will kick its Forced effect upon sacrifice.

If things get rough, the LC is still a cheap unit. I don't have to trigger enemy effects on purpose. ;-]

LC is kinda limited though, since it has to sit in the KZ for the threat of its ability. Extra power there doesn't hurt of course, resources are always nice.

Losing the Grimgor flip might mean you need to revisit whether you want to put in ways to deal with developments.

Also, I don't know that you need 3 Troll Vomit. As a petal to the metal deck, you're probably already losing if you have to use it. I included one in mine as a last resort, and considered 2, but I think 3 would mean dead cards more often than not.

too many smash em alls & rock lobbers too :) . I mean more of them in the deck means you get them more propably earlier in the game, but when you get one played rest of them are just useless draws which could've been units. And I don't see how you can get enough resources or card draws without contested villages and/or warpstone ex.? You're really short on support buildings.

Well, I consider "useless" cards great developments. ;-]

I just like to play cards as often as possible to maximize my chances to pull them at all. The LC and the Lobber are great cards, so I will maximize them.

I decided to Grimgor in favour of Followers of Mork . This way I can take more advantage of my damage triggers.

Sir Blackadder said:

That's bad news. Well, then the Night Goblins might find a way into my deck, since Grimgor is nearly impossible to hardcast.

It just cost 6 resources. I tend to develop my Kingdom during the early game to pay for multiple cards per turn a bit later in the game, so playing this Hero isn't much of a problem to me.

A possible alternate to Night Goblins (which have a limited effect for now) is some Festering Nurglings : for 1 more resource (because you lack Chaos icons), you have the same power, with the added bonus of preventing a unit from defending (corrupt it) during the turn it comes into play.