Quest for Souls Artwork

By TripsEX, in UFS General Discussion

MarcoPulleaux said:

The fact that Allina did Zhao Daiyu's darkhorse comic-like artwork as well as Taki's flawless, IFS-quality proves she's one of the best artists around.

When she did Zhao, she used a similar style because Zhao Daiyu is evil and murderous. But many people, including me, simply thought that was going to be her only style, and the dark palette wouldn't fit with many characters.

Then she comes and does all this flawless Taki artwork... possibly the best art in the entire set. It's colorful and clean and smooth, but most importantly, it is completely different from what she did with Basara and Zhao, showing everyone that she is very versatile.

guitalex2008 said:

When she did Zhao, she used a similar style because Zhao Daiyu is evil and murderous. But many people, including me, simply thought that was going to be her only style, and the dark palette wouldn't fit with many characters.

Then she comes and does all this flawless Taki artwork... possibly the best art in the entire set. It's colorful and clean and smooth, but most importantly, it is completely different from what she did with Basara and Zhao, showing everyone that she is very versatile.

Not only that, but it fits Basara's fighting style perfectly. With Zhao... slightly less so, especially since you can't exactly see what's going on in most of her attacks (especially Twilight Embrace, which really looks like she's tickling Lu Chen - I'd have LOVED to see her tackle Wrath of Heaven though). Still, the cards look great.

I'll have to mention that Paul Davey did a good job on Google's attacks.

So, Pure Hearted looks cute and adorable. It makes me do this face: :3

Also, Yoshimitsu has the best art in the set. Hands down.

TripsEX said:

So, Pure Hearted looks cute and adorable. It makes me do this face: :3

Also, Yoshimitsu has the best art in the set. Hands down.

Not in your pants.

I really can't stand Alexandra Douglas' art of Xianghua. Her skin is shaded purple, and her face looks like an orangutang's. Not to mention the rest of both her images looks surreal and undetailed. Both boring and offensive, as I am an avid Xianghua fan.

I'm quite happy with what I've seen so far. Mitsurugi's art work has made me very happy with all the artist involved :)

After finally getting my hands on the cards, I've decided my favorite bit of art is actually on a Mitsurugi card. The Strength Within is just...pretty.