Make a Difference is Back

By ROTBI, in UFS General Discussion

...and it's new name is Rekki-Maru & Mekki-Maru*

Sure, it's unique, Taki-only and not exactly the same, but I can't wait to flip over my opponent's first attack every turn. Yay for someone other than Lu Chen being able to make combos a little tougher. The set is looking nice in more ways than one (check out Allina Urusov bringing the same gorgeous darkness of Basara and Nightmare to Assassin's Technique). Still not the greatest set ever, but it's up there.

P.S. I like Gonzalo's work (minus Cassandra on Sisters of Battle)...but what's up with all the lady-bulge in Xianghua's shorts? lol

ROTBI said:

but what's up with all the lady-bulge in Xianghua's shorts? lol

Hermaphrodite

That's disturbing.

Xianghua ga ga

pro discovery

It is the toe of the camel to the 1000th power.

What was this thread about again?

ROTBI said:

Sure, it's unique, Taki-only and not exactly the same, but I can't wait to flip over my opponent's first attack every turn.

P.S. I like Gonzalo's work (minus Cassandra on Sisters of Battle)...but what's up with all the lady-bulge in Xianghua's shorts? lol

...so it's NOTHING like Make a DIfference.

Also, she's getting ready for her I Spy Camel Toe audition. Something tells me she'd get the part regardless.

*P.S. Taki is ****. Hooray for yet another character who barely has support that works with her*

Taki* is interesting. I still don't know what to make of her after a few glances up and down the card list. All I know is that if I play her (which I likely won't, since she's not really my style) I'll be packing some Ascending Zephyr , Mishima Zaibatsu Leader , and things along those lines to keep her asset's momentum quota full without having to back up on using her E freely.

Some notes I made on Taki after looking at her support:

1. Too many themes going in too many directions. Assassin's Technique might as well be Taki-only, because I don't recall seeing any other support that turned the opponent's staging area face-down, and the only OTHER cards that do that are No Forgiveness!, and to a lesser extent, Regretful Existence. When it comes to adding attacks face-down, you'd think there might be, maybe, a Material Advantage related to face-down staging area cards, but, nope, instead we get the Air-exclusive Quest of Souls and that's truly it. Speaking of Quest of Souls, wtf? Why is the box-topper a card that's pretty much only good in Taki? Once again, the amount of cards that have effects that involve going to your staging area face-down are minimal, and most certainly do not have Good or Void.

2. She has very little she can do with face-down cards. She can Mekki/Quest of Souls them, No Chance for foundations (not exactly worth its cost IMO), and destroy them for Easy-Block Oven, err, I mean Ninja Cannon: Fury. If she had Death, Evil, or Fire, she'd be that much better because every face-down card would be DUH fodder for Intimidating Presence. However, as it stands, sure, Taki can generate the **** out of face-down foundations...it's too bad she can do very little with them afterwords (abuse Regretful Existence, Shattered Persona, etc)

3. Her role as "Cervantes v2.0 Sniper" doesn't work as well as it used to. Cervantes didn't have the drawback Taki does, but once again, that's what happens when this game gets balanced, so I'm slightly okay about that. However, Cervantes could also wall up behind Immortality, which Taki cannot. Immortality was arguably Cervantes' biggest selling point (because if his F was, it wouldn't take over a year for him to see play). Point is, she doesn't have that selling point, and her F isn't even as good. So, we get to the E, but that just goes back to the above argument that Taki simply does not have enough to deal with face-down staging area, rather, she has ways of getting to it (which is stupid since her ******* E does all the work for her).

She does have a few things for her, namely Ancient Gate and Possession Stance, but those can be ran by anybody. Her F isn't HORRIBLE; selective "removal" of Stand Off, Paid to Protect, etc, is always wanted, especially since she can Evil Destroyer to get rid of it for good. It's too bad that she can pretty much Evil Destroyer only once per turn because the only card that I can remember that turns your opponent's staging area upside down from her support is...well, her. If they had made her FOCUSED around turning their staging area upside down AND abusing her face-down cards, she'd be stupid.

However, they instead just gave her a whole bunch of **** that does what Taki already does. Seal is cool, but I mean, it was going to go face down in your staging area if you were Taki ANYWAYS.

We'll see how she does in the future, as she can Snipe her way into a Ninja Cannon: Fury pretty well. However, I just see her as a crappier Nina: a character who's support doesn't do what it should, and that effectively leads to a pretty bad character (except Nina actually does have multiple uses).

MarcoPulleaux said:

Once again, the amount of cards that have effects that involve going to your staging area face-down are minimal, and most certainly do not have Good or Void.

Saw the Box Topper and Void and didn't even think about Taki instantly thought of one card...Master of Magic :)

Kay...but at that point, you could run a card that's slightly more flexible. I believe it's called Body of Souls.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Kay...but at that point, you could run a card that's slightly more flexible. I believe it's called Body of Souls.

Perhaps so but I am just saying it can happen XD

*sigh* Not gonna lie, I'm a tinge sad that Amy is so similar to Hilde. It's like, I really want to build Good Amy (and do intend on it), but the people who deny that Hilde isn't top tier are idiots. Hilde's ring-out capabilities never, ever left, and really, I kinda like knowing my ring-out is gonna go unfettered.

But still, Amy's consistant speed pump > Hilde's...existence?

Most of all, I'm not looking forward to Mitsurugi basically being James Hata's evil twin brother. Also, Xianghua = Kasumi Gaki = no no no.

I really like Loyal at All Costs. Not nearly as good as mentally unstable but still a really awesome card.

MarcoPulleaux said:

ROTBI said:

Sure, it's unique, Taki-only and not exactly the same, but I can't wait to flip over my opponent's first attack every turn.

...so it's NOTHING like Make a DIfference.

Except that it has the ability to ruin any of your opponents attacks without having to block, like MaD, which was the whole point.

...k but Kilik ruins the opponent's attacks in mid play, you didn't make a thread back then! =p

Meh, if it weren't Taki-only I'd be happier.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Most of all, I'm not looking forward to Mitsurugi basically being James Hata's evil twin brother. Also, Xianghua = Kasumi Gaki = no no no.

That's what you're focusing on? lol.

Gaki was an action, X has to hit her opponent. That's a HUGE difference.

Oh yeah. Hitting the opponent. That's so hard to do.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Oh yeah. Hitting the opponent. That's so hard to do.

It's WHAT DRIVES THIS GAME. The problem with that effect on Gaki was that it didn't require gray. Hurr.

Attacking doesn't require gray. It requires orange.

That was a slip, meant to say orange. >>; I posted that pretty early in the A.M.