New Set

By JDub, in UFS General Discussion

A certain site has the new set up.

THAT IS SEXY. OMG. I LOVE THE ART ON THESE CARDS.

Also, is there a reason no one mentions the name of the actual site, ever? This dates back to the STG forums. I think it's OK to mention the NAME of the site, but not to provide links. Anyone have a clue?

OMG I LOVE AMY'S SIDESTEP. I'M GONNA SHUT UP NOW.

Amy is so beast...

Holy crap, they weren't kidding about Mitsurugi.

...Playful is... sort of... Idyllic... Kamui.. Kotan........ with a restriction, but.... still... I mean if you're using the Waterfall E, won't Waterfall be the third attack in the card pool?

Playful, Just Kidding, Keeper of the Watchers, Deceptively Quick... Life can... KILL again!

Not to mention water gets a doozy in Amy being able to run most of those cards (not Keepers, thank God...).

Oh god, Inhuman Speed. I adore that card. And Lol @ looking for a thrill working off of itself after a prior speed/damage pump, jesus.

I'm seeing momentum gain... ooh...

Oh yes... Assassin's Secret... I can see Cervantes now. Wild Storm, Assassin's Secret, combo, Curse of the Ancient Mariner, combo lol

I'm also seeing speed pumps out the wazoo, except for Sisters of Battle which is actually... speed reduction? SEXY.

Bloody Funeral randomly discards 1 card... out of all of her support, this is probably the only one that seems to discard... promo Lizardman says thank you, though!

AAH THEY'RE PUTTING THEM UP FOR PREORDER! Why am I still here?

STRANGE FASHION. The answer to throws has arrived!

So much reusable speed pump. Both Mit and Amy have the x+ speed pump. Some really nice attacks in this set - my opinion. And useful action cards, serious draw hate, serious discard. Speed + Discard + Zone Change, our game is going to be even faster.

- dut

dutpotd said:

STRANGE FASHION. The answer to throws has arrived!

So much reusable speed pump. Both Mit and Amy have the x+ speed pump. Some really nice attacks in this set - my opinion. And useful action cards, serious draw hate, serious discard. Speed + Discard + Zone Change, our game is going to be even faster.

- dut

Too bad I don't play any of Strange Fasion's symbols. Ever. =(

If you're broke like me...

btw read the static on Tower of Remembrance Ancient Gate... And you can just turn it off on your own turn. GROSS

I also noticed, there is another proper answer to Financial Troubles. It's blue and a way-scaled-down reprint of a DS01 card. See if you can find it :]

This set seriously just made P2P 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x better.

The Strength Within...

What did I tell yeah Shinji! More + 2 Mids and on a 1/5 with great effects no less! Amazing card is amazing.

I noticed the Dark Heart right away and I love it :) There are quite a few anti draw cards in the set actually.

Tons of Discard Woot! Void is back and good GOD I love Rolling Revenge.

Tons of other good stuff in there that I cant talk about all of it now cuz I g2g :(

Anyone know what the box topper is? It wasn't at the site.

MSSS is now known as Carlos.

So, how bout that Ninja Cannon: Fury

stupid double post

Wow the promo is ridiculously good but great for taki/other people that flip your nuts over.

Got to say, love the looks of this set. Some nice reprints in it too, though with new faces:

Needs a Challenege = Non Broken Bitter Rivals (With, shocker, 2 of the symbols)

Pure Hearted = Kinda Heisheng Jian, but with more restrictions

Quick Strike = Better Base Hold (Marius Gaius says yes please)

Strange Fashion = Tira's Contract, in E form

The attacks in this set are very nice. Nothing particularly stands out as super chase, yet (ie no Knightbreakers/Midnight Launchers) unless everyone hops on the Yoshi bandwagon.

BTWs: Bad Stomach -> Mt. Devil Destroyer -> Knightbreaker = GG (5-6 Card discard, without Nina help) Hell, MDD could be the kill if you could build a nice All Life total.

I really like the looks too. The art is back to the level I expected, though Amy looks really, really young, though I guess BB Hood is around the same appearance.

Looking forward to seeing these characters in action. Two more 7 HS characters, each with very strong kill support (Amy on Water could be dumb fast, X is looking a bit like King, but is more squishy), as well as some new elements from old symbols. Life is definitely high tier now, if it was not before. Order and Good look to have some nice new toys, and Water is finally able to stand without the Vine next to it.

Hope to see some new deck ideas in the forums soon!

-Tinman

EDIT: Quick question: Deceptively Quick plus Taki support. Would it give +1 for all Face Down foundations? Or just +1 as no Face Down Foundation is the same?

Tinman said:

EDIT: Quick question: Deceptively Quick plus Taki support. Would it give +1 for all Face Down foundations? Or just +1 as no Face Down Foundation is the same?

Only +1. Similar to the ruling on Roam the World.

Goddamn I'm excited now. This set looks wonderful. Mt. Devil Divider is insane. Bam unblockable, massive pumps with damage, GG. Though now that I think about it, I don't know if you would need unblockable playing yoshimitsu, your oponent is never going to have a hand anyway.

Lunatiq said:

Goddamn I'm excited now. This set looks wonderful. Mt. Devil Divider is insane. Bam unblockable, massive pumps with damage, GG. Though now that I think about it, I don't know if you would need unblockable playing yoshimitsu, your oponent is never going to have a hand anyway.

But yeah, Bad Stomach -> Mt. Devil -> Knight Breaker is pretty much game because you'll only ever be able to try to block Bad Stomach...

MITSURUGI. IS. AWESOME.

His First F , combined with Mist Stance and a handful of High attacks and his E , and it's good night for anybody. Picture this lineup, for starters:

Full Moon Disembowel (5/3 3H6 +2M; Combo, Weapon)

Hilt Impact (4/3 3H3 +1M; Stun: 2)

Leaping Snap Kick (3/3 3H3 +1M; Kick, Reversal)

Tiao Wu Kick (3/3 3H3 +1M; Kick, Stun: 1)

Yi Shan's Tiger Claw (4/3 3H5 +3H; Stun: 1)

Give that a liberal dose of Eiserne Drossel and Shishi-Oh* and that's +4 speed, +5 damage to everything you're playing that turn, and it doesn't have to be up high if you don't want it to be. *shudder* Beyond awesome.

guitalex2008 said:

THAT IS SEXY. OMG. I LOVE THE ART ON THESE CARDS.

Also, is there a reason no one mentions the name of the actual site, ever? This dates back to the STG forums. I think it's OK to mention the NAME of the site, but not to provide links. Anyone have a clue?

OMG I LOVE AMY'S SIDESTEP. I'M GONNA SHUT UP NOW.

coolstuffinc.com

Look at my balls forum. LOOK AT THEM!

I think they want us to refrain from mentioning that site because it implies we're buying Coolstuff's cards (and we are) instead of buying them from FFG.

Also, for those who don't want to dig through 10 pages of old promos, here is the boxtopper, Quest of Souls:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/images/Products/UFS%20Art/Promo/SCIV2P01.jpg

I agree, Rugi is massively aggro. Just look at what his attacks do together, its crazy:

Mist Stance -> Full Moon Disembowel -> Fire Brand

Sure, its on a 2,6,7, but well worth it: 7H11 -> 6H15

And, just for the kicker, you can a Ninja Tactics and start over. Again, on a 7. Rugi is going to love himself some 5 - 6 checks in order to pass all these.

Marius might also love these cards too. Off of All, running all high attacks from both sets. Once he gets Mist and Ninja in his discard, he could almost play his turn twice. Play the Rugi combo, minus the Rugi speed, plus +1 +1 from Marius. On the attack that goes through, grab the Ninja Tactics, or another Mist Stance. On the next attack, grab the Ninja Tactics, and play it at the end. Clear the card pool, play the Mist Stance, play other attacks. Perfect set up, only it requires a fairly large set up. I might get a Marius deck together here in a bit, see what I can think up.

-Tinman

MarcoPulleaux said:

Look at my balls forum. LOOK AT THEM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI16o774S4w

Back on topic, Quick Strike -> Pointing Thrust is pretty awesome.

Just a heads-up, for those who haven't gotten the memo: this is the best set. Evar.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Just a heads-up, for those who haven't gotten the memo: this is the best set. Evar.

Of course duh, Fire gets more, but seeing that Life can now use all their speed pump to KILL, it makes cards like Ice Coffin of the Sleeping Ancient even more attractive, especially with attacks like Seal.

Good... I can't see a single Amy card that I won't try to run in something at some point. I think one of the best things about the set is that themed decks will actually work. Like... very well. The again that's a Hata design trait I suppose. Just looking at Tekken, Shadowar and SCIV01 real quick, it's easy to see the support is designed to work best with the character, although you can use the solid cards in other decks. Love that.

And Order... geez. It's definitely coming on STRONG in this set. Sisters of Battle, For Justice, Yoshi support and Amy support... Order speeds up and discards! Scary crap, because you're probably not blocking either way lol