Hampton Roads area of Virginia Game Group

By SatyrnFive, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

We have a group of about 12 players right now. Mostly new with a few returning old CCG era players. We primarily play at Atlantis Games & Comics in Portsmouth. There are a few guys looking to get a group going at the Va Beach & Norfolk Atlantis locations but we beat them to the punch. ;)

If interested we have been informally meeting around 6pm till we go home on Thursdays as well as some late night play on Friday nights after the store settles down from all the D&D & magic. Four of the store employees play so it's a good chance there's always somebody in store to ask questions and such.

Any players interested are welcome to stop by and hang out.

Store website for those interested: www.atlantis-comics.com

That's a hell of a lot of players you guys have down there. Given I could work out how to get there by train/bus from DC (I live in Alexandria, very close to an Amtrak station...) I probably would be interested in coming down on some weekend to play in a Saturday or Sunday tournament. Likewise, we here in DC/NoVA will be starting regular tournaments up soon (once every three weeks or a month). The location we're looking at is a gaming store in Falls Church, VA. Will let you guys know more on that once we do.

Just post here if you guys are planning on hosting any weekend events down in your area, and I'll see if I can't get down there.

Erick Butzlaff

finitesquarewell said:

That's a hell of a lot of players you guys have down there. Given I could work out how to get there by train/bus from DC (I live in Alexandria, very close to an Amtrak station...) I probably would be interested in coming down on some weekend to play in a Saturday or Sunday tournament. Likewise, we here in DC/NoVA will be starting regular tournaments up soon (once every three weeks or a month). The location we're looking at is a gaming store in Falls Church, VA. Will let you guys know more on that once we do.

Just post here if you guys are planning on hosting any weekend events down in your area, and I'll see if I can't get down there.

Erick Butzlaff

Just to echo what Erick said, we're looking to get some regular games going on (I'm not sure the Falls Church location will work yet though). In any case, I would also be very interested to meet a few "Hampton Roads" meta players. Definitely post your tournaments online so that we know what to plan for!

I'm in central Virginia until August, and would love any updates regarding VA tournaments. Portsmouth is probably too much of a drive for me outside of a weekend tournament, but I could probably make NoVA a little more consistently.

I require this thread to live so I'm here to attempt this feat. We still play some AGoT down here at the Portsmouth Atlantis Games & Comics and the past few thursdays I've been there, including this thursday, but the only problem is the lack of players to start a tournament. The basic way we intend to play a tournament is with a min of 6 people (2 groups of 3) with the top 2 from each group going on to play for the final for some random assortment of prizes to be dictated by the owner of the store. The tournaments are planned to be on thursdays around 6pm but seeming how sometimes the usual saturday magic isn't too packed it may be possible to move it to saturday but I would have to talk to the store. The layout of the tournament can change and might do so if we get more than 6 people. Just generally trying to make this thread live for those of you who want to play some AGoT down here in Portsmouth.

On a side note if you are interested in Magic the Gathering as well, we have weekly type 2 tournaments on fridays that generally start around 6-7pm and we do drafts on Saturdays around the same time I believe maybe a little earlier. If you need food they should have some and there is always other places to eat at within walking distance, i.e. Chinese, seafood.

I asked the question about hampton roads and I finally found the thread. I work in suffolk so I will to go over and check you out. Is that a good part of portsmouth? I dont want to be a stark showing up at the red keep and find my head on a spike. talk to ya soon

hopefully these guys are still playing, been a while since we heard from them, apparently (9 months?)

Finite and I are in the same area (around DC/northern VA) and we're organizing a regionals tournament if anyone is interested. It will be May 29th (Saturday) in a gaming store in Chantilly. The venue is nice, and we expect to have a decent crowd.