Whats your opinion on the paint job for the minis?

By player1671589, in War of the Ring: Collector's Edition

Was wondering what the rest of you think of how the minis are painted. They are not bad in my opinion for the sheer scale of all that had to be done.

I like it. Granted its not as good as one might do with enough time and dedication can, but I think its fine. The first prototype was really bad but they listened to the community and went back and redid them. I also like how they did the basis with the two tone colors. White and black tops for the two sides and then the colored sides for the nations.

I am really impressed with the quality of the paint jobs. I for one have not the time, patience, or money to paint all the minis. Even if I did, I doubt I could do better than the ones in the CE.

I too agree the initial paint samples were quite disappointing. After they went back and redid them, I think they look great.

I'm really excited about both playing and displaying the CE once I get mine.

Thank god they decided to scrap the original cartoonish colored paint job. I had been saving for this edition for years but there is no way that I would have made the purchase had they gone with the original paint job. While the finalized paint jobs are far from perfect, they are still very nice and, like the previous reply said, i would never have found the time to paint 250 mini's myself. The only complaint that I have is that I wish they hadn't painted some of the bases white. The white base base distracts your eyes from the figure itself and it just doesn't blend well with the board. But that's being very picky, overall I am quite please with the paint jobs (at least from what I can tell in the pictures) and can't wait for my copy to arrive!