20/20/20 Heihachi

By guitalex2008, in UFS Deck Building

I believe Awaken's version of Heihachi is similar, and since I was finally able to find 20 characters with Chaos that were NOT 3/4 difficulty (lol) I'm giving it a try.

Characters (20):
4 6/6 .Heihachi Mishima. +0M (starting)
4 6/6 .Cervantes. +0M
4 6/6 .Steve Fox. +0M
4 6/6 ..Zi Mei.. +0M
4 6/6 .Algol. +0M

Attacks (20):
4 4/3 3L4 Spinning Demon +1L - Multiple:1 - Kick
4 4/3 3H3 Demon Slayer +2M - Punch
4 3/3 3H0 Evil Mist +0M - Ranged - Stun:2
4 3/3 2H1 Zi Mei's Wheel Kick +2M - Kick - Stun:3
4 4/3 3L3 Execution Technique First Rite +2L - Stun:2 - Weapon

Foundations (20):
4 1/5 Treacherous Offpring
4 2/5 The Hunt is On
4 2/5 Maniacal Laughter +3H
4 2/5 Body of Souls
4 3/5 Communing with the Ancients

Total: 60 cards

-o-o-o-o-

What it should do:
- Stun people out, pretty much
- Spam itty bitty attacks boosted by +6 with Heihachi
- Body of Souls said itty bitty attacks back to hand
- Spinning Demon people to death if all else fails

Why it could work:
- All attacks are off-zone. Even if the opponent keeps mids and lows to block Spinning Demon and its multiple, they may find themselves sort of dead even without a Spinning Demon on the table.
- Obviously good checks, which also helps with his R
- Evil Mist may actually deal damage, putting it at a low difficulty attack with Stun:2 capable of dealing a total of 8 damage. Not so much a poke anymore.

Things I want to test:
- Necessity for The Hunt is On in this deck.
- For The Money vs. Communing with the Ancients. Although with all the stun I'm running, I'll be damned if FTM doesn't work... currently running CwtA.
- The ratios, obviously. Starting at 20/20/20 should give me a feel for what it needs more than other things.

mine is off of fire...and has a different attack lineup and foundation base

I think that it's over kill with all the characters. I mean do you really need 20 characters in the deck. What do you do if your opening hand is 2 characters attacks, and Foundation. Also if you are running the deck of chaos you need more momentum generation from the spinning demons such as ascending zypher, Treacherous Offspring or Mishima Zaibatsu Leader. This is a deck that can very easily turn one spinning demon if heachi is ready, and you have a Zypher in your hand. Thats my 2 cents

riotmaker said:

I think that it's over kill with all the characters. I mean do you really need 20 characters in the deck. What do you do if your opening hand is 2 characters attacks, and Foundation. Also if you are running the deck of chaos you need more momentum generation from the spinning demons such as ascending zypher, Treacherous Offspring or Mishima Zaibatsu Leader. This is a deck that can very easily turn one spinning demon if heachi is ready, and you have a Zypher in your hand. Thats my 2 cents

he might not need that may characters but its a good place to start and ive seen most heihachi decks sit on one or 2 foundations and still manage to kill most characters. Hell probably end up cutting it to like 10-12 at most....at least thats what ive seen in most decks like this one

riotmaker said:

I think that it's over kill with all the characters. I mean do you really need 20 characters in the deck. What do you do if your opening hand is 2 characters attacks, and Foundation.

I topdeck the attacks? They're all 4 difficulty or less so it's not a stretch since 2/3 of the deck will help me pass them. Nothing more humiliating that going second and tossing a 7 damage Zi Mei's Wheel Kick for making a 3 check and dropping a character.

Or I could use them to block. They seem to have good block zones...

Or if my first hand is all characters, I can always mulligan and the deck will still have enough characters to be a danger (14 is still a normal number for a Heihachi, I've heard).

my heihachi runs 20 characters and works just fine, i would match it up against any of the decks you guys got...

P.S. this is the reason i dont list my decks lol

Awaken said:

P.S. this is the reason i dont list my decks lol

Maybe the large number of characters makes it so I won't need The Hunt Is On and instead I can add Treacherous Offspring, maybe I will need to cut down on characters to put the Treacherous Offspring or maybe Treacherous Offspring is a terrible idea. I won't know for sure until I build it.

Unfortunately I haven't built it yet (will do later on today hopefully).

OMG I love how this deck runs. Built it a bit differently, but kept the 20/20/20 ratio, and it works just fine for now.

The foundations were changed to:

4 Communing with the Ancients
4 Body of Souls
4 Maniacal Laughter
4 The Hunt is On
4 Treacherous Offspring

The 20 characters suddenly have a place in the deck since only Maniacal Laughter and the attack lineup have blocks. This gives me an incentive to play every foundation in my hand without worrying about not having anything to block with. The Hunt is On may seem like overkill but it's quite possibly one of the best defensive measures, and gives you a last minute character to dump into that Evil Mist at the end of your attack string.

Evil Mist is so sexy in this deck.

I had someone play this deck against me as I tried out my void Lizardman. Needless to say, I got my face melted.

Got beaten on turn 2 on many an occasion, even with the discard and the reversal and everything.

Plays two foundations (Maniacal Laughter, Communing with the Ancients). I play a few foundations.

Zi Mei's Wheel Kick, stuns me out, +6 damage from a character. I take it, reversal, threaten with discard, he takes it, discards... then Spinning Demon + Maniacal Laughter multiple + its E + a character card = 20 damage for game. This didn't happen just once.

Im a firm proponent of 20/20/20 being a very suboptimal approach to Heihachi in general. The explosiveness is all well and good but your build turns are completely awful, your deck is super vulnerable to stand off, and if your opponent is not dead or forced in a perpetual state of holding attacks for blocking for the rest of the game by turn 3, you have just lost the game. That and there will be turns where you draw 3 characters and no attacks. More than 1 of these in a game ensure that you are dead. With all the character blocks i mean your damage mitigation is decent, but you still get shredded by offzone stuff, especially breaker/launchers and spinning demons from opposing mishimas. The deck is fine on like 8-10 characters, 18 ish attacks, and a more solid foundation base. The chaos build is more akin to what makingsenseofus ran at SAS to a 2nd place finish. The thing is, even with lower character counts, the deck still runs into character glut and will hiccup. Hiccuping for 1 or 2 turns against fire usually means the game is over.

Your build is fine all. I just personally dont like 20 20 20 heihachi. I will trade consistency for explosiveness any day but that is just my style of play. The more utility heihachi has access to, the easier it is to force through your giant attacks rather than just get them blocked. Especially now with Acrobatic in the format, the deck needs to rely less on Spinning Demons and more on its other attacks. Seal seems VERY strong in this deck with the new set as does Assassin Strike as a second multiple that is harder to block and does and absolute **** ton of damage with a heihachi active.

ShippuJinrai said:

Im a firm proponent of 20/20/20 being a very suboptimal approach to Heihachi in general. The explosiveness is all well and good but your build turns are completely awful, your deck is super vulnerable to stand off, and if your opponent is not dead or forced in a perpetual state of holding attacks for blocking for the rest of the game by turn 3, you have just lost the game. That and there will be turns where you draw 3 characters and no attacks. More than 1 of these in a game ensure that you are dead. With all the character blocks i mean your damage mitigation is decent, but you still get shredded by offzone stuff, especially breaker/launchers and spinning demons from opposing mishimas. The deck is fine on like 8-10 characters, 18 ish attacks, and a more solid foundation base. The chaos build is more akin to what makingsenseofus ran at SAS to a 2nd place finish. The thing is, even with lower character counts, the deck still runs into character glut and will hiccup. Hiccuping for 1 or 2 turns against fire usually means the game is over.

Your build is fine all. I just personally dont like 20 20 20 heihachi. I will trade consistency for explosiveness any day but that is just my style of play. The more utility heihachi has access to, the easier it is to force through your giant attacks rather than just get them blocked. Especially now with Acrobatic in the format, the deck needs to rely less on Spinning Demons and more on its other attacks. Seal seems VERY strong in this deck with the new set as does Assassin Strike as a second multiple that is harder to block and does and absolute **** ton of damage with a heihachi active.

About Stand Off, early on due to all the stun in the deck, it's not much of an issue. And the deck goes off as quickly as turn 1. I'll have to test it further. Then again, doesn't Stand Off wreck anything that doesn't have stun anyways?

Additionally to damage pump, the characters serve the obvious purpose of adding blocks. As you can see from my foundations, only one of them has a block (Maniacal Laughter). As a result, if no The Hunt is On are out, I attempt to always play any foundations before or after my attack.

The deck doesn't SEEM consistent. I could've told you that. Oddly enough, though, very rarely does it not follow through. When every attack comes at the opponent for 6, 7, 9 or 10 damage, the game basically doesn't ever last past turn 3, barring very special circumstances (when the person was playing it against me, I PotE'd a Spinning Demon that would've killed me).

On makingsenseofus's deck, how many attacks did he have? It's easier to hiccup if you sacrifice attack slots to improve your already disgustingly awesome control checks. His deck may have relied on Spinning Demon, but this deck does not, exactly due to the ratio of attacks to character cards. Tossing out 9 damage First Rites and, more importantly, 6 damage Evil Mists are a big enough threat and lessen the need for Spinning Demon.

Sure, Spinning Demon can potentially do 20 damage in the build, but opening the turn with a 9-damage First Rite and a 7-damage Zi Mei's Wheel Kick before the Spinning Demon is a lot more important.

I HAVE considered Seal and I'm increasingly tempted to have it in the deck. Thanks for mentioning it; I've been kind of on the fence about it, but it matches the deck's explosiveness to a T. I'm a bit iffy only because I would have to remove something with Stun, which helps make a string of attacks harder to block/Stand Off.

It would be great to find him some card draw...

I took some lessons from this deck and changed my ratio a bit. Thanks for the information. I got a decent Hiechi because of it.