Time Length of a Game

By Hawknight, in The Lord of the Rings: The Board Game

What is the legnth of a typical game?

Hawknight said:

What is the legnth of a typical game?

For first time players playing the base game, expect about 3 hours. For experienced players about half that. For the Friends & Foes expansion, the times remain about the same, but Sauron and Battlefields expansions add quite a bit of extra time.

Of course, if you die horribly in Bree the game is much quicker.

Is it even possible to die horribly in Bree? lengua.gif

It also depends on the number of players. Me and my brother can crank out a game of this in half an hour using the F&F expansion.

Yeah - 2 players can whip through this, with more there is more discussion.

Joram said:

Is it even possible to die horribly in Bree? lengua.gif

Yes. Yes it is. Especially if you trigger events before you get a chance to do travelling and hiding.

Is it closer to the movies or the book?

The game is primarily based off of the books; characters that don't appear in the movies still make it into the books. Also, many of the events have names the correspond better with the books (iirc)

However, there are some aspects of it that are from the movie, or different from both, in some cases. For instance, the final bad event in Helm's Deep (hopefully you won't let it get that far) is called "The Orcs Conquer Helm's Deep"; which didn't happen in either case.

happy.gif

Joram said:

The game is primarily based off of the books; characters that don't appear in the movies still make it into the books...

Did I say that?

I meant "still make it into the game".

Joram said:

Joram said:

The game is primarily based off of the books; characters that don't appear in the movies still make it into the books...

Did I say that?

I meant "still make it into the game".

gran_risa.gif That was funny.

Definitely closer to the books in feel, I would say. But also full of alternative endings if he quest fails catastrophically.

If we play the game, it can last about 6 a 7 hours i think. One board can last one hour...( or you must be really fast without thinking...

It's including all the 6 boards gui%C3%B1o.gif

Because you must think strategic in each turn.

You need a full day to play the boardgame lol gran_risa.gif

Velhart said:

You need a full day to play the boardgame lol gran_risa.gif

The same can be said for every boardgame here. gui%C3%B1o.gif

My average solo run (2 hobbits) is about 45 min to 1 hour. Can't see the base game taking any longer than that really. Even the learning process games clocked 1.5h at max. Will see how it goes over the weekend when I hope to introduce my friend to this. Still, don't expect a game to take more than 1h with 2 hobbits. F&F is still waiting, that should increase time.