Difficulty of a block

By Ninjazanus, in UFS Rules Q & A

Does a block have a difficulty or just a value that needs to be met? More importantly, if your next card played gets minus 2 difficulty and that happens to be a block, does anything important happen?

Instance - Wandering Master - R commit: Before you make a control check for a block, that block gets -2 difficulty.

I think this covers it:

8.3.2.3 The difficulty of a block is figured by taking the speed of the attack that the
defender is blocking, adding the block modifier (the +X number inside
the block symbol) of the block, and then adding one for each card in the
defender’s card pool. This is referred to as Block Difficulty.

So, yes, there is a difficulty to play the card, based on speed and block modifier.

-Tinman

Note that the difficulty of the card, and difficulty to block are seperate. Wandering Master specifically changes the difficulty of the block, but cards like Executive Technique First Rite change the difficulty of the card. So for example if you block w/ a 2nd Rite the difficulty of the card will be reduced by the effect from the 1st rite, but not the block difficulty.

it's the same thing with breaker. if you block and use breaker 2, then play a reversal and i attempt to block the reversal with a character (with a 6 diff), my check to block is still my block modifier + your attacks speed + progressive difficulty. BUT my character now has a difficulty of 8 which doesn't effect me blocking it. hope that helps.