1-diff foundations

By Smazzurco, in UFS General Discussion

So I wanted to build an evil deck and I realized my foundations were costly. So i took a look thru my binders....evil has ONE 1-diff foundation....with no block and a cost to RFG...

014.jpg

I decided to look at other symbols.

Air (2)- From The Hawk, Ruthless - Both playable. One has a block

All (5)- Ancient Fighting Style, Close Friends, Envoy of the Queen, Hunt for Jin, Soul That Protects. 4/5 Have blocks. Only 1 of which is mid, with 2 lows and a high. 3/5 are very playable, other 2 are playable in certain decks.

Chaos (3)- Ancient Fighting Style, Ruthless, Treacherous Offspring. 1 has a block (+4 ow...). Ruthless playable, although not on this symbol AFS may be better in All but is playable in some Chaos builds.

Death (2)- Brooding, treacherous Offspring. Brooding has a high zone block and is playable in many aggro decks. Treacherous....fails again.

Earth (2)- Brooding, Torn Hero. Only 2 cards, but 2 of the best 1/5 spam foundations around. I have not seen a single deck that CAN run Torn Hero not at least run 2-3. Earth also has access to the Man Behind the Mask which helps it spam as well as stay alive/kill late game.

Evil (1)- Treacherous Offspring...It gives 1 momentum...but this card is huge fail IMO.

Fire (4)- Brooding, Envoy of the Queen, From the Hawk, Ruthless. 3 blocks, 1 in each zone. Most fire aggro will run at least 2 of these 4 although they may vary on which ones they run. (Hata runs brooding, Astrid runs Envoy, etc). Lots of spam foundations for a fast aggro symbol.

Good (4)- From the Hawk, Hunt for Jin, Know When to Talk, Torn hero. Wow...2 amazing foundations, 1 underrated one, and one that is decent. 2 Low blocks and a mid. Not too mention the fact that good has access to Man Behind the Mask and Hope For Ones people, both which are 0/5. Good is quite possibly the wall of grey color...well, behind earth's tricks.

Life (5)- Close Friends, Hunt for Jin, Know When to Talk, Soul That Protects, Torn hero. 2 Low blocks and a high. 3 very playable foundations. Throw in a ton of speed pumps and you have a quick building, high-speed deck.

Order (1)- Envoy of the Queen. Top symbol of B3 is falling behind atm. We will see what the future holds for order.

Void (2) - Ancient Fighting Style, Soul that Protects. Void is better at "tricks" than spamming. Algol is good at nothing. Algol fails, no wonder how many times i try to build him (k rant over). Nina can be brutal in void, but not by spamming 1/5s.

Water (2)- Close Friends, Know when to talk. Wait...water is still around? Seriously no one has built a water deck in B4, im going to go ahead and leave water alone.

I forgot cursed blood, which is another boost to death and good (like good needed it). CB just helps good spam decks build even faster.

Also a couple of 0-diff foundations you might want to consider: Hope for One's People and The Man Behind the Mask.

Edit: Missed that you mentioned them under Good. Sorry.

Treacherous is actually a pretty good card honestly.

But the Spam foundation thing is a problem, the symbols that lack them really hurt in speed, Symbols like Air and Evil really hurt behind specific deck limited choice spam foundations. Tho having good spams does not make the deck, Life and Good have the best spam foundations in the block and neither is exactly tearing up the meta. I feel like if a deck has two sets of playable spam foundations, it should be fine, the more the merrier tho, symbols like Good can pack 20 0-1 diff foundations and not hurt the quality of the deck, pretty impressive.

Id like to see Evil in particular get a quality spam foundation or two, Air and Water could use at least 1 also(see-Carefree preview).

you missed cursed blood for death order and good

Awaken said:

you missed cursed blood for death order and good

Someone didn't read the whole post. In my last sentence i mentioned cursed blood. **** THD (as well as my "set" binders) for not having promo reprints, lol.

I mentioned it for death and good. Order, atm, "struggles" to say the least.

Treacherous Offspring is awesome. :| It's one of the extremely few momentum generating foundations available, even moreso great because it's not conditional like MZL.

Tagrineth said:

Treacherous Offspring is awesome. :| It's one of the extremely few momentum generating foundations available, even moreso great because it's not conditional like MZL.

I have found i use Maniacal Laughter for momentum in a pinch. Seems just all around better than Treacherous Offspring. Its a 2/5 with a high block vs a 1/5 with no block. Both share chaos/death, TO has evil where maniacal has earth.

Also maniacal has "other" uses, TO....not so much.

Trying to stay open minded here, can you give me a few examples of a good fit for Treacherous? (other than as evils only 1/5 lol)

That 1 less difficulty comes at a premium. Look at the available 1 difficulty foundations:

Brooding: Costs life for a whole +1 damage

Torn Hero: Costs a momentum, very specific application - no block

Know When To Talk: Specific trigger, restricts counterattack options

Ancient Fighting Style: Discard recovery during your opponent's turn only - also only checks a 4

Envoy of the Queen: You'd use this with anyone but Astrid as a blank card

Close Friends: lol - no block

Soul that Protects: lol

Ruthless: Very specific trigger, commits for a whole +1 damage - no block

From the Hawk: Hits a random card, can re-reveal cards you already know

Hunt for Jin: High chance of doing nothing whatsoever

Treacherous Offspring: Gets you a momentum with no restriction - no block

I'd say TO has plenty of merit. :|

Also, just though I'd throw this in there - the currently available 0 difficulty foundations are even worse off, doing absolutely nothing at all until you're half dead... and next set we're getting a foundation that's literally - not even figuratively - blank. For a 1/5 with a +1 mid block. Treacherous Offspring has an extremely rare momentum-generating effect with the same 1/5 stats - what, exactly, is the down side here?

Edit: I'm also gonna throw out there that while most of these do have blocks, the only one that isn't +3 (OR HIGHER LOL ANCIENT FIGHTING STYLE) is Hunt for Jin, the one that's most likely to do absolutely nothing without a combo of some sort to reveal your deck's top card.

I agree that Hunt for jin by itself usually fails, but that card combos with so much. (researching the past, open road, razors bite to name a few).

This post was started at my frustration for attempting to build Zhao Daiyu only to realize that it is really hard to build up a (decent) foundation base for her...

i think you changed the post after i posted... :P