Quebec City, Quebec, Canada, Warhammer III was not a bust, it was a big Blast - Two Thumbs Up !!!

By Nabukodoko, in 2009 WFRP The Emperor's Decree Event

Hi folks,

Gilles here, I was GMing the demo at l'Imaginaire in Quebec City, with four players. Few days ago I had read on the forums, about the Hype, the rants, etc... Personnally, I prefer to try a product and gave opinions after. It's my personnal choice. But wait, WHAT A BIG SURPRISE and what a hit, here in Quebec.

I had received the box from the gaming store only thursday evening and WOW ! Fell in love on the first sight. Great look, nice dices, even Shallya, not the goddess, but my house cat enjoy particularely, the yellow ones ! She's got one of a kind of expertise as we could see... Frankly, I was thinking about myself a RPG experience where no one has gone before.... Nah, I'm kidding.... I said to myself, maybe it's too good to be true. Let's give it a try.

4 pplayers came in this afternoon and even a guy from Alberta who was in Quebec City, and tho of them with their girlfiend. Oups, sorry, girlfriend. Excuse my english please. So, 6 at the table, plus me. I opened the box and I showed them the props and gave basic explanations and that was a start... Every one including myself, we all have had a very big time with lots of laughing and cooperative work. Dont't know why, but the game encourage that feeling.

The party sheet is great, the intiative system is also great, the dice mechanics run smoothly, the token systems and the stances are awesome.

Also, the characters seems really true to Warhammer universe. The actions fits well with the pc's, like for the Troll Slayer, the player was completely in character... The stress and fatigue, misfortune, challenge, wow !!!!

The only bad things:

- The game was not currently available, but we had made 3 pre-orders even the guy from Alberta !.

- That was just a demo and the store was closing at 5.00 pm.

- Even people who were not playing had wish to buy the game on siite

- We all desperatly want MORE; Adventures, screens, maps, campaigns, monsters....

Our Take:

- Two thumbs up, great great work, we will start a regular table a.s.a.p. with more dice, even one set for the cat. We are proud of that work and I think that Warhammer III will be a big hitter this Christmas. Please just don't make us wait to long for supplements !