Tempest Games, Cedar Rapids Iowa Demo

By ghost81, in 2009 WFRP The Emperor's Decree Event

I ran the demo, and I have to say it was pretty awesome:

THE GOOD: They really did come up with a unique take on roleplaying, seeing two players take full advantage of the stance meters, and how it payed off (and sometimes did not pay off) for them! Lots of choices in game no obvious game breakers, and all to often players were struggling with which choice to make. Letting the party decide what kind of party to make and the dice which made tasks more descriptive, now you could go all pass/fail with them but it was a joy to use the dice to help tell the story.

The BAD: There is a lot to keep track of, and I felt ill-prepared, (however the sunday demo GM played in my demo, so hopefully having a couple days to read and some of the basics down his game will go better) The game can be a bit daunting for the GM to keep track of everything, but as long as you don't let the players see you sweat, the rest is gravy.

all in all, my preorder is in!

That's a good point about 'not letting them see you sweat '. If I was unsure of something, I made a decision and moved forward. After the game we talked about that a bit and clarified some things.