On Behalf of Karl Franz >> Thank You to Demo Participants!

By ynnen, in 2009 WFRP The Emperor's Decree Event

I just wanted to take a moment to share a big Thank You to the gaming community.

• Thank you to all the stores who ran the Emperor's Decree pre-release event.
  • Thank you to all the demo GMs who volunteered their time to promote the event and run sessions.
  • And thank you to all the players who participated in the Emperor's Decree.

It's been wonderful to see the photos and read the reviews, forum posts, and emails from people discussing the Emperor's Decree, how their session ran, and all the things they've enjoyed or have been surprised and excited by now that they've had a chance to try out Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay for themselves.

I look forward to reading more feedback, session reports, and comments in the days to come but wanted to stop by to express my thanks to everyone involved who helped make this such a successful event.

Thanks to you and the rest of the Warhammer development team for having the vision (and guts) to try something new with our beloved roleplaying game. I think you have a winner!

It was pleasure. Really. I had a blast going through the materials and preparing for the game. Getting to sit down with people and advocate my new favorite thing was a great feeling.

Congratulations all around: this was a great idea, FFG.

Of course, I'm excruciatingly envious of those people who were able to participate. I would have LOVED to run a demo at one of the local shops.

At least the feedback so far has been very positive, which dulls my pain. A little. lengua.gif

Like Necrozius I wasn't able to participate in any session this weekend (happens... a pain) but want to say big

THANK YOU

far all your reviews and impressions, they are great!

I read them all day long, and cannot wait for some videos to ease my poor blood soaked, and rotten soul after missing those sessions.

Thank You again, and thank You FFG happy.gif .

Thanks to FFG for making a great game. It is definitely different from v1 and v2, but quite an enjoyable and IMO *easy* game to learn and play. It felt comfortable for me to GM, and once the mechanics were learned, pretty comfortable and enjoyable for the players too. That to me is a good mark of a good game.

Also thanks to everyone for posting reviews, pics, and thoughts about their experiences with the demo session. I know I and my players had a good time, but I must admit I was a bit worried that others might not have had similar opinions based on a lot of what has been discussed on the forums. I am very glad that many others have enjoyed the demo and WFRP3e as much as we did.

Thanks for proving us with this event. Our turnout was less than anticipated, and we only ran the scenario once, but we had a few spectators, and the game was well received. I love the nature of the game, and look forward to playing it again after I get better acquainted wiht the rules.

I want to add my thanks both to FFG and to all those giving such sterling and excellentand in depthreports. This game really does sound like a winner. I tried unsuccessfully to get my local game store to host a demo. They've hosted other FFG demos in the past that I've then subsequently run for them, and I was hoping to GM this one, but they declined the Emperor's Decree. Not sure why, but I think it may be that the clientele of this store is pretty dedicated DnD or boardgamers. An opportunity lost....sigh...so I experience it vicariously through the rest of you. Thanks again.

Huge thanks to you for the time spent with me bending your ear on Saturday and to the fine folks at The Gamers Den on Sunday.

I've been spreading the good word to all my geeky buddies at the G and just ordered a kit to run some action in the new year. This is really exciting to me to be able to 'get' an RPG so quickly and feel so good about everyone's experience in the game. A New Chapter indeed. Thanks, thanks and again, thanks.

I'm excruciatingly envious of those people who were able to participate. I would have LOVED to run a demo at one of the local shops. Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

Edited by mohidsantos