Fireborn Netbooks

By Helios Inferno, in Fireborn

Mostly just as an interest check for now;

I was thinking of perhaps making some re-organised books to properly list and show both fan made materials/houserules en possible listings of powers/breeds in a single document for ease of use.

See it as similar to how netbooks where done for other fan-sites, and with the amount of material available for Fireborn I thought it be a good idea to gather these ideas into documents that are not as easily lost or spread out over multiple locations/places.

Ofcourse the original sources will still be included and authors credited, and while the first few would primarily focus on excisting material, new netbooks might come up if old or new fans make additonal material to expand them.

It's just an idea as of now, but as Fireborn never been "truly" dead, this might stoke the fires a bit among those dormant lurkers and old fans of the system.

I'd still love to get into it. I have all the books (at least to my knowledge). Unfortunately, life has been happening; and I just don't have the time to start a game. I'd much rather play in a game first before running; but that may be a tall order. But there's some interest...I mean...who wouldn't want to play a game where you're a reincarnated dragon?

On 3/24/2016 at 3:26 PM, Helios Inferno said:

Mostly just as an interest check for now;

I was thinking of perhaps making some re-organised books to properly list and show both fan made materials/houserules en possible listings of powers/breeds in a single document for ease of use.

See it as similar to how netbooks where done for other fan-sites, and with the amount of material available for Fireborn I thought it be a good idea to gather these ideas into documents that are not as easily lost or spread out over multiple locations/places.

Ofcourse the original sources will still be included and authors credited, and while the first few would primarily focus on excisting material, new netbooks might come up if old or new fans make additonal material to expand them.

It's just an idea as of now, but as Fireborn never been "truly" dead, this might stoke the fires a bit among those dormant lurkers and old fans of the system.

I'd personally be interested. I've made a start on some new spells (there's a link to the GDoc in the 'New Spells' thread) but I'd be open to doing some work on that kind of stuff.

My apologies, I do not check the FFG forums as much, concidering Fireborn is almost all of my interest on this website and the forum has been.... well, quite dead in the past!

I'm glad to see your support, and I do agree that spells wise it could have been so much more.

Not only is the spell selection quite limited, it could have used more versatlie or varied options..

Glad to see you have come up with ideas to adress this issue!

Personally, I would love to see a PbP

Sounds like it would be very handy. It was a neat little game. If you can some how track down the information, if not pdf, for Lost Lore that would be amazing as well. I don't know why it isn't up on Drivethru with everything else.

****, yeah! I'd be up for ANY new stuff for this game. It's a shame that FFG have a Forum available but don't seem to want to do anything else with the game. Sure, the fan base is small but they could make something of this game. Fireborn 2e FTW!!

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:21 AM, Darksyde said:

Sounds like it would be very handy. It was a neat little game. If you can some how track down the information, if not pdf, for Lost Lore that would be amazing as well. I don't know why it isn't up on Drivethru with everything else.

This seemed like a sudden burst of interest(?), but the Lost Lore pdf is easy to find.

RPG Geek has it in the files section

https://rpggeek.com/rpg/562/fireborn

I have it uploaded to Google Drive, at the Fireborn G+ community, and it should be around on waybackmachine.org or internetarchive as well.

(if you need me to put it on dropbox instead, I will)

As for other content, it's been put up a bit in pdf's as series "Firey Embers", but general motivation, time and other priorities in life made it quite a rollercoaster ride in terms of progress or things done.

Perhaps I should post more of the general updates from G+ on here too...

I had at least ajf115 who did a lot of additional work on spells, sires, background etc. though.

I made a few pdf's to mostly throw fan material together... but I am not a pdf or layout wizard, so any documents created so far may look amateurish at best, and are mostly fucntionally throwing stuff together for availability.

Edited by Helios Inferno