Ran 4 sessions in Las Vegas...

By Reaper Steve, in 2009 WFRP The Emperor's Decree Event

... and introduced 12 people to WFRP 3e!

I'll try to expound of them all tomorrow, but suffice it to say that the game was hit!

Highlights:

a temporarily insane troll slayer with 13 wounds (4 of which were crits) in one session

a strained, critically-wounded, temporarily insane troll slayer in a another

no High Elf was ever wounded, choosing to rain arrows from afar

fantastic usage of executioner's shot, troll-feller strike, and double strike in every session

After running the same scenarios 5 times in three days (I ran it for myself Thurs as a test-drive,) I rarely have to reference the book anymore, which is awesome. However, I have also discovered a few rules oddities, namely in applying skills, henchmen wounds, and dealing with the abstract range bands (which I LOVE!) when the parties at either end of long range try to approach each other. Example of the latter: my creatures at long range use one manoeurve to get halfway to medium. When the character wants to move, does he have to use one or two manoeuvres to close the gap? I ruled one, but the chosen wording in the book could be better. I have a fix suggestion, but I'll elaborate on it in the rules forum.

Overall, a resounding success of demos. FFG has revolutioned RPGs while marrying it to be most awesome fantasy setting!