WheatRidge Colorado - Valahalla's Games Report

By Emirikol, in 2009 WFRP The Emperor's Decree Event

Had a lot of interest today. I let four people play. Thanks to Vaughn, Tim R., Tim F., Lars, and Ben for getting in on the game. Not tough to learn now that we know what the heck we're doing. Notice the promo battlemat on the middle of the table below.

We have a name for the STRESS/FATIGUE markers: EMO TEARS. :)

Rules review probably to follow. PIX BELOW (none of me darnit!)

Lars, TimR, TimF, Ben.

41998d1258238760-colorado-wfrp-3rd-editi

Tim Powers up

41999d1258238760-colorado-wfrp-3rd-editi

Vaughn unleashes Ulric's Fury!!!

41997d1258238760-colorado-wfrp-3rd-editi

Just FYI, that is not a promo battle-mat, but a retailer "window cling", the plastic peels off, and the artwork may be adhered to the retail window. It can later be easily removed with no residue.

cP
FFG

Hey all!

Lars here. I'm the evil looking mofo holding up a book in the picture...OK, the LEFTMOST evil looking mofo!, and the originator of the 'Emo Tears' term!

I had a great time playing the game (The cards having most of the needed rules righ ON them helped, and the trollslayer fit my personality just about perfect), Jay did a great job teaching us (Once we got into the swing of things with which dice did what, it was a SNAP!), and if a campaign starts, I'll be first in line...

L-

Ben here! I'm the evil one on the far right! Or, as the table seemed to be, I was the evil on the conservative side ;)

This demo was great fun to play in! Maybe the scenario was a little straightforward, but that did help with teaching people how the dice work. And the dice were picked up in a snap. The first combat had people sitting there counting their dice, but by the second one, we all had a firm hand on it. It became intuitive very quickly.

Sadly though, I'm now chomping at the bit to be able to actually read through the books and the cards, and get a game going! I guess I have a couple weeks to sow some seeds... demonio.gif

Btw, you guys can facebook me at: Jay Hafner

Excellent guys! Thanks for the thoughts and the pics!

A couple duplicate pix...

42065d1259079234-warhammer-d-d-3rd-editi

42066d1259079234-warhammer-d-d-3rd-editi

42067d1259079234-warhammer-d-d-3rd-editi

42068d1259079234-warhammer-d-d-3rd-editi

That's me in the background..although I'm GMing, I'm still smiling (i.e. like most Gm's I'm not in a straight jacket yet).

Yes, I put a little photoshopping in there to make it fun ;)

Ha ha ha! What's with the photoshopped career card featuring the blond girl? partido_risa.gif

EDIT: what are those discs underneath some of the character stand ups? I noticed that they're green and red. Are they an extra token to keep track of conservative/reckless?

Yes, it's a snug-fitting "stance ring" that fits around your stand-up's base. One side is green and the other side is red. They are used, if you so desire, to make it even easier for people to see the approximate stances of PCs when looking at the combat.

I stuck the rings on there (notice, I inked the sides black). It would be overkill to dink around flipping those back and forth from cons. to reckless. I also inked the sides of the character stand-ups in the appropriate colors. They looked fantastic..but not having enough beastmen was kind of annoying.

BTW, the career card with the chick on it is kind of dirty..but I can email it out if you want it ;) The title reads "HOT CHICK." ;) ([email protected])

jh

Emirikol said:

BTW, the career card with the chick on it is kind of dirty..but I can email it out if you want it ;) The title reads "HOT CHICK." ;) ([email protected])

Ha ha ha: it's showing in the latest News article on the FFG main page!