Stupid question.. Please answer

By biohunter21, in Imperial Assault Organized Play

I know this is a stupid question, but you have to go to a store championship to be able to go to a regional championship, right? Or can you just go to a regional championship. Thanks!

Edited by biohunter21

You do not have to attend a store championship to participate in regional event. Store Championships just give you the opportunity to earn a round 1 bye for a regional event.

Thanks! I will definitely go to a regional, because I missed the store championship.

Oh, one more question. I dont have Return to Hoth, but one of the official skirmish maps uses hoth pieces, and I know I am supposed to bring the pieces. Does this mean I cannot participate if I dont have all the pieces?

Generally speaking, every player is required to have all of the map tiles for setup. It really depends on the players present though. At our stores all of the players are really friendly and willing to share when needed.

Oh, one more question. I dont have Return to Hoth, but one of the official skirmish maps uses hoth pieces, and I know I am supposed to bring the pieces. Does this mean I cannot participate if I dont have all the pieces?

The current rotation right this minute doesn't feature Hoth tiles but I think that's going to switch very soon; the tournament rotation is going to add the missions from Leia's Ally Pack.

I'd call the store you're plating at to see what their position is, if they'll have a spare, open expansion for you to pull tiles from, or if they'll allow printed maps as subs for tiles. YMMV depending on the store and how seriously they take the official rules.

The switch date is 4/2/2016. You will need Hoth and the Leia pack at that time.