Which Inquisitor to side with?

By Saintluna, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

So last night the rest of the players in my group and myself found out we were working for someone who calls himself an Inquisitor, but isn't a true Inquisitor. We found this out from an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor who is now, likely, recruiting us. I play a wheeling and dealing, fast talking, drug and amasec addled Rogue Trader Crewman. I also agreed with the not so Inquisitor guy that I'd work for him if he could put me in position to get a void ship eventually. That said I don't really want to betray him, but I worry about being hunted by the Hereticus Inquisitor if I don't side with her. Which one would you fine ladies and gents side with and why?

I would almost certainly side with the Hereticus Inquisitor, as long as I was certain they were truly Inquisition. If that is the case, this Hereticus Inquisitor would almost surely hunt down the false inquisitor (and any acolytes).

Perhaps a wheeler and dealer would try to play both sides against each other, or see which inquisitor "wins" out.

~ alemander

Always choose the Inquisitor with the floppiest hat!

Or the starchiest and stiffest hat!

I mean if you want my personal opinion if you're not playing maximum heresy mode you're playing DH wrong

So last night the rest of the players in my group and myself found out we were working for someone who calls himself an Inquisitor, but isn't a true Inquisitor. We found this out from an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor who is now, likely, recruiting us. I play a wheeling and dealing, fast talking, drug and amasec addled Rogue Trader Crewman. I also agreed with the not so Inquisitor guy that I'd work for him if he could put me in position to get a void ship eventually. That said I don't really want to betray him, but I worry about being hunted by the Hereticus Inquisitor if I don't side with her. Which one would you fine ladies and gents side with and why?

The problem is; how do you know the Ordo Hereticus inquisitor isn't the one lying?

If you're confident you know the truth, get the hell out of Dodge.

Impersonating an Inquisitor Of The Most Holy Ordos Of The God-Emperor's Inquisition is one of the most serious crimes in the Imperium, and if a real Inquisitor knows he's doing this, he's going to come down on the fraud like the wrath of.....well.....The Most Holy Ordos Of The God-Emperor's Inquisition.

If the 'fake' has been knowingly lying to you, he is deliberately setting you up for a fall, and you don't owe him grox dung.

Kill Ordo Hereticus. Get surgery to look like her. Impersonate. Requisition void ship. Profit.

Kill Ordo Hereticus. Get surgery to look like her. Impersonate. Requisition void ship. Profit.

Be certain to steal her hat.

You seam strangely attracted to headgear :)

That reminds me of one of my PC's mementos: The very impressive hat. Comes up every now and then during game. Always good for a laugh :D , especially during sneaky missions.

Be sure to fit a power field generator to the hats brim.

But I already have a fancy tricorne, what could I do with her floppy hat? I like the logic there though Fuel, it's crazy enough to maybe work.

You seam strangely attracted to headgear :)

That reminds me of one of my PC's mementos: The very impressive hat. Comes up every now and then during game. Always good for a laugh :D , especially during sneaky missions.

Haha, it's my best way to be present in this thread without actually contributing anything. I'm the GM in Saintluna's game.

As Oridaellin said, he's the GM. Thus the hat nonsense. Although I have a feeling he wants us to side with Hereticus

Perhaps a wheeler and dealer would try to play both sides against each other, or see which inquisitor "wins" out.

~ alemander

I like this idea, but it could prove to be a most dangerous game.

Kill the one that employs you.

Simply that if this Inquisitor can't stop you from doing it, it isn't worthy of your services, thus not a good inquisitor.

What, that's base logic, no?

Kill the one that employs you.

Simply that if this Inquisitor can't stop you from doing it, it isn't worthy of your services, thus not a good inquisitor.

What, that's base logic, no?

This is true. If an inquisitor cannot defeat a few pesky, rebellious acolytes, that Inquisitor is unworthy to serve the god-emperor.

Except if he can stop you in which case you are dead......

You're in the Inquisition. This is the same logic as witch trial.

She's dead: she was right.

She survived; she ain't

In that case, it's : he died, he isn't right, you die, he is right.

It always ends well for the good guy that is good.