New Player Questions

By Edenahr, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

So I have a few questions about placing orders and about how far you can take alliances in-game.

1. Can you place orders in perspective?

For example you place a support order in an unoccupied area and a march order where you have troops. The idea is to march your troops in the area with the support order upon resolving.

If placing orders in advance works then can it be used with Defend and CP as well in situations identical to the example above ?

If all the above is allowed what happens if another player conquers a territory you placed an order in but haven't technically conquered yet due to waiting your turn ?

2. Can you place orders in an area occupied by another player's forces:

A) With their consent

B) If you plan on conquering that territory

3. Can you recollect power tokens previously used for establishing control if you now control the area with troops ?

4. Can you use other players' ships for transport upon agreement ?

Sorry if this is too much. I scrolled 10 pages of this forum and found either non conclusive or no info at all on these matters.

1,2. You can only place orders in territories with your troops.

3. No

4. No

Thank you for your answer. So the "Advanced Strategy Tip" on page 15 of the guide about staggering movement refers to "March" orders placed in fields you already have units in ?

You are welcome. Yeap, that "Advanced Strategy Tip" refers to "March" orders placed in fields you already have units in.

3. Can you recollect power tokens previously used for establishing control if you now control the area with troops ?

When I play, I always allow this. It just makes sense to collect the power token again and it makes lives easier for other players who aren't as familiar with the rules/who find the game difficult.

I just have one question.

Can I put a consolidate power order to a territory where I dont have troops, but I have a power token placed?

No. You may only place Orders where you have Units, and a Power Token is not a Unit.

Thanks for the answer.
I have a last question. What if I placed a march order, and I moving into a neutral territory, than an other player moves his/her troops in that territory in the same round. I will be the defensive player, and my march order modifier doesn't counts? Or we will be both offensive players and both of the order modifications counts?

You will be the Defender, and your March Order was discarded at the end of your turn, so it doesn't count.

Edited by kauai1964