Adventurer's Toolkit

By Necrozius, in WFRP Rules Questions

I tried finding answers to these questions in the relevant News article and the FAQ, but alas I still have nothing.

1. The Adventurer's Toolkit comes with enough stuff to fully bring in a FOURTH player, correct? By fully, I mean photocopy free and not needing to share Basic Action cards. Correct?

2. Similar to the question above, does this kit come with an additional Character Keeper Box for this fourth player?

I hate to start a whole new Topic about this, sorry. Perhaps other people have questions as well about this product, so this Topic might not be totally irrelevant.

Necrozius said:

I tried finding answers to these questions in the relevant News article and the FAQ, but alas I still have nothing.

This was discussed a bit more at GenCon, but the details may not have made the final video edit. And I'm sure other details may have gotten buried here or there, so while I cannot divulge everything about the Toolkit, I'm happy to be able to shed a bit more light on it.

Necrozius said:

1. The Adventurer's Toolkit comes with enough stuff to fully bring in a FOURTH player, correct? By fully, I mean photocopy free and not needing to share Basic Action cards. Correct?

In addition to its other contents, the Adventurer's Toolkit includes a complete set of Basic Action cards. It also includes an additional stance ring, more stance pieces and tracking tokens, and an entire pad of extra character sheets.

Necrozius said:

2. Similar to the question above, does this kit come with an additional Character Keeper Box for this fourth player?

The Adventurer’s Toolkit is packaged with a slipcase that wraps around an inner box. The inner box is a sturdy, two piece box adorned with distinctive Warhammer Fantasy design. The box serves as a convenient, attractive character keeper to store all the cards and information needed to manage a hero in the system.

Sweet. That's all good news to me!

Thank you for the quick reply.

Oh man! i do not think my players will be happy about this! Only enough to add one more player? llorando.gif Not happy times!

That's a fourth player without sharing.

I think the jury is still out on how much of a hassle this idea of sharing cards is going to be, and perhaps futher expansions will provide more basic cards for my players, at some point?

Right now we have 5 players plus gm and we aren't too worried about using core set+toolkit only

I'll let you know about the sharing thing. I have multiple 4 player + GM games scheduled for the demo.

I totally agree sharing won't be a problem...unless the cards recharge. Then it will have issues. Only basic action cards eh? I don't know about that. Will that cover then character specific (such as Career specifics like troll slayer strike)?

Here is a big question too, are there dice in the box? If so, how many? I know its sort of basic, but at the demo today sharing dice was one big factor on the game-play. I know dice can be bought on their own, but adding a fourth, in my opinion , will sort of make it a requirement for ease of use.

commoner said:

I totally agree sharing won't be a problem...unless the cards recharge. Then it will have issues. Only basic action cards eh? I don't know about that. Will that cover then character specific (such as Career specifics like troll slayer strike)?

Here is a big question too, are there dice in the box? If so, how many? I know its sort of basic, but at the demo today sharing dice was one big factor on the game-play. I know dice can be bought on their own, but adding a fourth, in my opinion , will sort of make it a requirement for ease of use.

pretty sure the adventurer's tool kit doesn't have any dice (these are sold seperately, as you say), and i would imagine it doesn't include any career specific cards from the core set. it does have some additional careers so obviously the career cards for those will be included

Yeah sharing Basics is not that bad and if a basic gets recharge tokens put them on the side of that card the player is setting on.

Honestly, if the set doesn't have dice, other than the additional careers, there is not a huge need for the thing then. Sharing the dice is what slows the game down massively when we were playing it, more so than the cards. It is true the counters can be flipped to represent each character being attached to it. I wish they'd just come out and say one way or another what's in the box since the thing is "on the boat". Maybe I'll them an email and see if I can get a definitive answer.

Actually, sharing cards doesn't have to be too difficult. As long as the players are in the same stance, anyway. You can use different colored tokens for each player's recharge on the card. Sure, it might be a bit of a headache to remember, but it could be done without too much fuss.

As for the dice, the players didn't find any problems sharing in my games. We even had a couple times when two people rolled at the same time, but for the most part each person rolled because everyone wanted to see the others' rolls. As a GM, I felt it would have been good to have a few of my own dice stashed behind my screen so I didn't have to reach out and take the "players' " dice ... but that was for convenience mainly (I occasionally left a few behind my screen accidentally, for instance).

No, I'm pretty sure the Adventurer's toolkit does not include any additional dice.

I was told this releases at the same time as the Core set. Is this true? and do the Dice packs realease then too?

The Upcoming portion of the site lists The Adventurer's Toolkit as "on the boat" so while Amazon still shows the estimated delivery date for both items as 12/2, it looks like there may be a little lag between the availability of the Core Set and the AT. The dice are only listed as being "at the printer" which means they're not as far along in the process and will (presumably) have a greater delay. I guess we'll have to endure a bit more dice sharing initially.

Also, is there any expected "Item" packs going to come out. The Core set has Sigmar's hammer as an item card and the book mentions more, but there are none in the set [unless mine are just missing].

This would be awsome, as FFG can release magic item packs for the GM to hand out to players. :)

So the Adventurer's Toolkit is designed to be purchased by a player, especially when you have more than 3 players. If purchased multiple times, wouldn't this result in a number of redundant products like the 10 additional careers?

Can you buy the additional player stuff, without the expansion to the core set? Or are these going to be forever bundled together?

EDIT: The contents are listed as:

The Adventurer’s Toolkit lets players easily add more excitement and options to their Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay game. The Adventurer’s Toolkit is also perfect for new players in your campaign. Inside you will find more that 50 action cards, 30 talent cards, 10 new careers, 4 new party sheets, a pad of character sheets, new character standups, extra tokens to help manage your heroes, and much more!

So breaking that up:

Adding an extra player: some of the action cards and talent cards, extra tokens and box.

Adding core material: The rest of the cards, 10 careers, 4 party sheets and standups.

Is that about right? Seems a little confused.

I wonder if they couldn't have split this better (perhaps adding the dice in with one of them).

My bet is that there will be a few more kits like the Adv.Toolkit, that will contain additional careers as well as enough stuff to include an additional player. They might not be immediate products, since there are other useful things they can do and they've already added the Adv. Toolkit. However, we have been told that "soon" after launch there will be an expansion that includes halflings as a player race. Since that isn't the AdvToolkit I would expect this other expansion will have products for another player, for example. I don't think the Adventurer's Toolkit is aimed as a "per player" buy. I think, like the Core Set, it is a "per group buy". Although, having a few copies of career and action/talent cards is not a bad thing.

By the way. I really hope the Adv.Toolkit includes at least 1 of the missing wizard college cards and 1 of the divine priest cards. It would be nice if they can start expanding those up to the full six fairly quickly.

Yes, wizards and priests !

I need Verena, Ulric, Hierophants and Death wizards !

And I need a Squire and a Knight. How could they miss those from the base box?

Jericho said:

Death Wizards? You mean Amethyst, I think that they will come later with a new supplement about magic. The some goes for priests - later i Think in a expansion about religion in the Old World.

Jericho said:

So what priest orders are covered in the core set? Sigmarites and...

... Verena and Morr.

*cough* Shallya!*cough*

Doh! You're right.

So for everybody who does not know till now in the core set are only 3 playable wizzards and only 3 playable priests.

Wizards: Bright, Celestial, Grey

Priests: Sigmar, Shallya, Morr

The others should be in the future in expansions.

As i know the Toolkit does not have any of priests or wizards carrers.