Question about weapon stats in DotDG

By Darth Smeg, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hi there,

The Necrotic Sceptre (p78) has a Melee dmg rating of 1D10+15 E. Is this before the wielders SB is added?

This is how weapons are usually presented, but the wielders of this weapon are the Slaught overseers, with their insane SB of 8, which would give this combination a smashing total of 1D10+23 (!), with a Pen of 4 as an added bonus.

Is this right?

In all cases I remember, weapons only wielded by a special NPC group are noted including SB.

A nice example here would be the Luminous Reproach in Purge the Unclean.

pacey

The Luminous Reproach is not wielded by anyone, as far as I can tell. Do you mean Agamorr's Thunderhammer?

The point is that where weapons are listed in NPC profiles, it is usually specified to include SB. However, the Necrotic Sceptre is presented in a stand-alone sidebar, in the same manner that other weapons are. I guess it must be without any wielder-data, it just that... wow! 1D10+15 is pretty... lethal

Don't mess with Slaught without artillery backup...

I would be tempted to say that it includes the Overseer's SB, making the orginal weapon 1d10+7.

That's roughly on par with a power sword except that the staffs special ability makes it far more dangerous to living things.

A Slaugth related, but off-topic question:

The Undying quality given for the Overseer on p. 80 of DotDG omits a rather important feature that was present for the Infiltrator presented in the GM's kit. Specifically the undying quality presented in the GM's kit was more akin to a combination of the Undying and Unstoppable [p. 39] qualities. Should this be considered an erratum on the Infiltrator (Undying in that form was too powerful) or an ommission from the Overseer (who are supposed to be more dangerous than a common Infiltrator)?

I ask because I'm planning on running the mission from the GM's kit shortly and, having forgot all about the Slaugth in DotDG, if they have been toned down it would be better to use the 'fairer' version of Undying.

Darth Smeg said:

The Luminous Reproach is not wielded by anyone, as far as I can tell. Do you mean Agamorr's Thunderhammer?

You are right, messed things up a bit :-)

pacey

Aye, and there's the point: The thunderhammer is listed in Agamorr's profile, where custom is to include all bonuses. The Scpetre on the other hand, is listed in its own box, with no reference to a wielder.

In the end, I've decided to go with the stats as base, and adding the wielders SB. Sure it's lethal, but my players deserve everything they get. I am constantly way too nice with them :)