Final Testament - Ordinatus

By SmutsMuts, in Only War Game Masters

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone else here have GMed the Final Testament adventure?

My players have just reached the Ordinatus now and they are about to try to enter it, then I started to wonder where you actually enter the cockpit on such a monster to machine?

Have someone made some kind of map over this huge machine?

The cockpit is supposed to be located on the front between and above the tracks. That means that it located like 7-8m above ground probably. So, where should you place the hatch to the cockpit? Would you require the players to climb up on the machine and find the entrance up there or? It feels like this thing would have lots of rooms and corridors inside it to be able to reach the different machine rooms and places like that inside it?

Hope someone can help me with this! :)

Ok, so I tried to make some scale drawing of the Ordinatus. Just to get some hang of the scale.

Ordinatus.png

If you want too see a bit larger image you can take a look here: http://bit.ly/1pmV7Cu

I realized after I took the image of my drawing that the width of the Ordinatus might be larger. The larvae feet width of 3m I think is fine, but I think the width of the machine itself maybe should have been more like 15m or something. That would result in a total width of 21m.

If someone have any feedback I would be happy to hear it! And I hope I help other people who run this awsome campaign.

I just used an external side door to the cockpit. So they had to climb up, it worked fine.

There would be a number of entrances and hatches into it. Do not forget that all armored Vehicles have escape hatches in order for the crew to leave with there lives intact. I you want a Reference book wise see William kings Angel of fire, set during a imperial crusade , where it follows the crew of a Baneblade. It describes the Baneblade as having room for a mess hall of sorts. also you need to take into account hatches big enough for food, arms, and ammo to be brought aboard.

Most escape hatches would be located on-top or under the vehicle, while crew and supply hatches will be to the rear, or placed on the sides.

Edited by CommissarWilliams