Why Doesn't Anybody Play This Card?

By Shaneth, in UFS General Discussion

WWUFS1.jpg

It can potentially wreck certain decks.

It can wreck some King decks.
It can wreck Omar if he wants to nab a certain card back every turn.
It can slowly de-power Astrid, but she'll probably run over you before you even do this.

Welcome to the world of control.

Kilik + Wonderworld Warriors.

Remove all their attacks and hide behind a big wall of grey.

You'll die to Pommel Smash and Paul Phoenix.

Oh yeah, Controller of Souls, too.

I actually run this in my side deck for Bryan. When i'm going against another fire deck or a deck that runs some of the same stuff I do, I will side into it. It's a great tutor card. Also has a sorely needed low block.

In a world of blazing-fast aggro, where getting your unique assets our quickly counts, this is one simply has a lot of competition over what might be ran.

It's alright, but it just isn't solid ENOUGH to really see as much running as possible. Dariya is kinda cute with it.

Shaneth said:

Why Doesn't Anybody Play This Card?

Because I own 0 copies of it, thanks for rubbing that in.

Because I own zero copies and likely never will.

I run it in the side vs King or the "mirror" match vs stun decks.

I'd play it if I had any

I run it in zhao it never becomes super relevant but i did kill someone with it once :)

I always felt it was a run-it-if-you-have-it, card. I've run mine in all it's relevant decks, I like it enough. With a 3 difficulty and it being unique, it's not the bee-all end-all, but it's a nice enough card.

i would have ran it but i dont know where or how I would get said card, this tends to be a running theme with UFS lately.

How do you get the card?

I would play the card if I was playing around with those symbols. I was able to get two playsets of each of these assets. I'm not sure if I said thanks Drewkasa.

If you are looking to get your hands of these talk Drewkasa, Failed2K, and I'm not sure who was the 3 person.

darklogos said:

How do you get the card?

While not giving them away for free; Drewkasa (aka former champion Andrew Olexa) is a trustworthy trader, whom I can personally recommend. He has a thread on the trade forum you may want to check out.

ROTBI said:

While not giving them away for free; Drewkasa (aka former champion Andrew Olexa) is a trustworthy trader, whom I can personally recommend. He has a thread on the trade forum you may want to check out.

There's also some on eBay (dunno if it's them or not) - if you're short on cards and live in the States it might be a viable alternative.

why cant they just release these kinds of cards in a set would benefit everyone I would think?

Luthon said:

why cant they just release these kinds of cards in a set would benefit everyone I would think?

then what would they give to players who win big events? I mean people are already talking about how prize support is terrible....and that would only make it worse

The other guy on there is matt mcD but he isn't on the forums often. Also if you want to get ahold of the card just talk to Drewkasa. As for the giving these away in a pack or set of promos, it would make winning the only copies of the card pointless.

tannerface said:

The other guy on there is matt mcD but he isn't on the forums often. Also if you want to get ahold of the card just talk to Drewkasa. As for the giving these away in a pack or set of promos, it would make winning the only copies of the card pointless.

I could see, if they wanted to reprint them in 10 years, a Champions Only set with reprints, but they'd have to hunt down EVERY single one and make them sign another release.

Also I would if I had anything they'd want for trade.

Homme Chapeau said:

tannerface said:

I could see, if they wanted to reprint them in 10 years, a Champions Only set with reprints, but they'd have to hunt down EVERY single one and make them sign another release.

Just wait for the next set to come out and there will be stuff that they want

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

And in that set there is stuff that I want.

but then again that card might be pointless in the next set and then there will be some new promo that few of us can get for Not being at the right place at the right time or not having trade worthy stuff to trade to people online. Thats what I hate about this game your deck will never be as good as a top deck without some kind of promo running in it.

I will have to agree about the jank that goes with champion promo cards. I think they should be readily availible to people to play through prize support or direct order from the site. The issue is accesibility. If its not that accessible then the ability should be moderate and not that strong at all. You would think that James Hata working for FFG would make his card acessible. But I haven't found anyway to get his card outside of trading on the forums.

It should be FFG's job to give the champion something cool. There is nothing stoppin the champion from demanding crazy stuff to get their card. It puts way to much power in the winners hands and makes the situation easy to abuse. I emailed Icarus rising over a month ago to try to get POTM. I haven't heard anything at all. I've sent Failed2k a friends request to do business and I haven't heard anything. The situation sucks.

darklogos said:

I will have to agree about the jank that goes with champion promo cards. I think they should be readily availible to people to play through prize support or direct order from the site. The issue is accesibility. If its not that accessible then the ability should be moderate and not that strong at all. You would think that James Hata working for FFG would make his card acessible. But I haven't found anyway to get his card outside of trading on the forums.

It should be FFG's job to give the champion something cool. There is nothing stoppin the champion from demanding crazy stuff to get their card. It puts way to much power in the winners hands and makes the situation easy to abuse. I emailed Icarus rising over a month ago to try to get POTM. I haven't heard anything at all. I've sent Failed2k a friends request to do business and I haven't heard anything. The situation sucks.

darklogos said:

In James's defense, there is a massive ethical issue.

As the game designer, it is bad form / poor taste to sell his card. (While you may not view it as such, within the industry that is how it's viewed.*)

Basically, as long as he's working for FFG he can't sell his card. He's been really awesome at giving it away, including it as additional prize support for various events. At Path of the Master when it was first released, he was kind enough to give me enough to take back home to give away 1 to all of the regulars from our play group who couldn't attend PotM.

However as the game designer he can't just start selling his own personal card. He'd really like to. But he can't.

*This isn't the first time I encountered this. Back during the days of Raw Deal, there was a prize support card called Big Show, Guest Ringside Announcer. At one point it was selling for $75 a copy on ebay is was so sought after. One night I was talking with Barron (codesigner) and Zev (head of OP) and they were both bothered that a single prize support card was selling for so much, that there was such a demand for it. They actually wanted to flood the secondary market with extra copies, but for the same reasons why James can't sell his character card, they couldn't flood the market.

For what it's worth, I understand your plight about PotM & Hata.

I do have 6 extra PotM, and 1 extra Hata (and a pile of Jacky Tang the 2007 Canadian Champ, but that's a different story)

email me at my forum name @ gmail.com and we'll figure out how I can help you out.

(Please note in regards to cards, I currently have playsets of everything up to Tekken, however I will be looking to complete Quest for Souls very soon)

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

Homme Chapeau said:

tannerface said:

and stuff that you dont want too im sure thats what i did at least

I remember part of the trade with drew for my paths and wonderworld warriors was 2x killer androids and a laws somersault kick....cards id probably play