Opportunistic ?

By Rogue 4, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

Hey all, some what new to the game so I am not sure of the protocol here in asking ruling questions, but here goes!

I had Opportunistic played against me and I was confused how it worked. If figure A was taking his turn and performed an attack, is it true that then any other figurecan gain the movement points (albeit that they are a Scum figure)? Or does the figure that performed the attack gain the movement points?

opportunistic.png

The figure playing the card gains the movement points after a hostile figure takes damage.

Note: This does not have to be the attacker, it can be any figure and they can interrupt and spend the movement points. (Great for Banthas!)

Okay I am still confused.

Hired Gun attacks Luke. Luke takes 1 damage. Hired Gun plays Opportunistic,

Question:

If I have a Bantha Rider in my squad, can he gain the movement points or do they HAVE to go to the Hired Gun?

Edited by Rogue 4

Okay I am still confused.

Hired Gun attacks Luke. Luke takes 1 damage. Hired Gun plays Opportunistic,

Question:

If I have a Bantha Rider in my squad, can he gain the movement points or do they HAVE to go to the Hired Gun?

If the hired gun plays the card then it gets the MPs, but the Bantha can play the card to get them.

The attacker is not part of the equation, nor is which figure is currently activated. (The hostile figure might have suffered 1 damage because it is bleeding, and that would meet the conditions of Opportunistic).

The only trigger this card states is "after a hostile figure suffers (damage)".

If the trigger is met and you play the card on the Bantha, then the Bantha gains 3 MP.

If the trigger is met and you play the card on the Hired Gun, then the Hired Gun gains 3 MP.

Edited by Fizz

Rouge 4, I think you might be confused about how to play a command card.

A command card doesn't have to be played on or by an active figure. Some cards will specify "while attacking" or "during your activation".

That limits their use to a particular time or situation.

Cards that just say any figure with no other conditions can be used at any time by any figure (in this case any merc figure).

The only word that indicates a target here is "you".

This indicates which figure gets the effect of the card. So it has to be the figure that played the card. However, in this case, any figure can play the card.

So hired guns do 1 damage to Luke. Bantha plays opportunistic and gains 3 movements points. This is outside it's activation so it interrupts to use up those movement points.

You could probably even argue that as a player, you could play opportunistic on an enemy figure as long as it was a merc figure. You'd never actually want to do that, but you could.

I don't think you are understanding the question.

I had the leader of our imperial assault tournament play opportunistic as such.

It is greedo's activation. He attacks successfully against Vader, plays opportunistic BUT tells me that his bantha (not his activation GREEDO'S) can take the 3 movement points.

No way right?

Yes way, as long as he played Opportunistic on the Bantha (which is a mercenary figure, so Opportunistic can be played on it), the Bantha gains the movement points (and must spend them immediately because they are received out of its activation).

When you read Opportunistic , it doesn't include "during your activation", so it can be played on any friendly mercenary figure.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:31 AM, corwin666 said:

It is greedo's activation. He attacks successfully against Vader, plays opportunistic BUT tells me that his bantha (not his activation GREEDO'S) can take the 3 movement points.

Absolutely correct.

It is even possible to use Opportunistic in an activation of an opponent's figure. Like: Your Vader kills his Greedo. His Greedo uses Parting Shot. His Greedo deals damage to your Vader. His Bantha plays Opportunistic, interrupts and gets to move 3.

It's even possible to use Opportunistic outside of any activation. Like: You use Black Market end of turn. Your Jabba takes a damage for the Strain. Your opponent's Bantha uses Opportunistic, interrupts and moves 3.

It makes it a really strong card. I've seen it used where a figure attacks and he uses this to move a almost dead figure out of harm's way. It also allows someone to attack and have a different figure and maybe score an objective!