QTE - no, not Quick Time Event, but Question on Tile "Escape"

By Hemux, in Drakon

Hi everyone,

This tile, I always used it as one of the most powerful of the game ; a mix between teleport and floating chamber. That is, you put it WHERE you want (adjacent, obviously) and then you put you hero on it.

But, some days ago, a friend made me realize something : do you actually have to put it nearby your hero so that is automaticly done move stays regular ? that is, one chamber away ? and not some teleport as I used to ? That question of his made me doubt like crazy, as if I always had played that tile wrong.

I may get an answer here....... in ages, but anyway :)

Cheers everyone

To my understanding you can place this tile anywhere you want. It is the only tile outside of the first time Drakon Moves is played that activates without a heroe moving on it, so it doesn't matter where it is placed.

Thanks for the answer. That is, thanks for understanding my question, because, wow, I did read it again, and man I must have been drunk the day I wrote it, for I could not understand my own question anymore ! :D

For others, I meant that : is the Escape tile supposed to be placed adjacently to the tile where you hero is standing (so he can instantly move but as a "one tile away" normal move) ? or can it be placed wherever you want, and then, that Escape tile becomes actually one of the greatest tiles ? we always played answer B, but eh, maybe it is too strong ?

It can be placed anywhere . . . . and yep, it is one of the best tiles. if you play the variant where you have to collect the coins and then escape . . . it also is one of the most important tiles.

I understand it that way: imagine it like a magic portal that leads you to another place. you can teleport to the tile form everywhere, not only moving from one space. for ex, if you're 10 tiles far from the starting tile, and you put legally an escape tile next to the starting tile, you can put your character on it even if you're so far. and yes. it's a great tile to have in your hand!!