Deck building

By Truenova, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

I just found out about the game and I want to start playing it competitively so I was wondering if I could support a Faction with two other factions instead of just one.

Note that this board is for the First Edition of the game. You'll probably be able to get more discussion on your questions if you head over to the Second Edition section. (I'm assuming you are talking about the Second Edition rules based on the term "Faction," which wasn't really used in the First Edition.)

In answer to your question, the answer is "no." The deck building rules on p. 14 of the LTP guide from the Core Set says the following:

"A player may choose 1 agenda card, or may choose to not use an agenda."

"Unless otherwise permitted by an ability (e.g. the Banner agendas), each card in a player’s deck and plot deck must be neutral or its affiliation must match the affiliation of that player’s faction card."

So, it's pretty firm in the rules that you cannot put cards from any other faction in your deck unless a card effect says you can, and that you can have only one agenda. Since it is the Banner agendas which allow you to have support from other factions in the first place, you are never going to be able (at least with the current card pool) to have cards from more than 2 factions in your deck.

The answer is different for First Edition (where you could have any number of cards from any House that didn't match your House card - unless the card explicitly said, "House X only" - but the cost was increased by 2 for each non-neutral, non-House card), of course.

Note that this board is for the First Edition of the game. You'll probably be able to get more discussion on your questions if you head over to the Second Edition section. (I'm assuming you are talking about the Second Edition rules based on the term "Faction," which wasn't really used in the First Edition.)

In answer to your question, the answer is "no." The deck building rules on p. 14 of the LTP guide from the Core Set says the following:

"A player may choose 1 agenda card, or may choose to not use an agenda."

"Unless otherwise permitted by an ability (e.g. the Banner agendas), each card in a player’s deck and plot deck must be neutral or its affiliation must match the affiliation of that player’s faction card."

So, it's pretty firm in the rules that you cannot put cards from any other faction in your deck unless a card effect says you can, and that you can have only one agenda. Since it is the Banner agendas which allow you to have support from other factions in the first place, you are never going to be able (at least with the current card pool) to have cards from more than 2 factions in your deck.

The answer is different for First Edition (where you could have any number of cards from any House that didn't match your House card - unless the card explicitly said, "House X only" - but the cost was increased by 2 for each non-neutral, non-House card), of course.

Thanks I check the 2nd edition board, because I was watching a Team Covenant video on YouTube of a player using one deck supported by the non-loyal cards of another house(faction). Also on the other side of the House card which is the banner agenda it says I can include non-loyal cards in my deck I'll have to wait until I get another 2nd edition set to expand it the way I want to would be the best idea to be safe.

I figured it out I have to use another house card flip it over and use it as and agenda for the deck which allows me to support the main house i'm using with another house. Once again thanks

Edited by Truenova