AGOT-Skype Group

By sawtoothautumn, in General Discussion

Hello everyone,

I have just created a Skype group that is a platform for people to find games of AGOT over Skype. I have tried this type of thing before in the past with another LCG and it works quite well. All you'll need to play this over Skype, is to have a webcam and be able to angle it down to a certain play area. If you are able to do that then the rest is just like playing a game in person.

If you are interested, here is the link to join the group: https://join.skype.com/vof65CJY9gS1

Thank you and hopefully I'l see some of you on there!

There *is* a skype group already (and was for a long stretch of 1st edition), and it's rapidly dying out as people are migrating to discord . Skype does not handle large groups well, as its peer-to-peer system starts to lose messages if certain 'nodes' aren't online. The current group has 196 people in it still, but is basically dead.

skype:?chat&blob=mtsVwDpoQLct3p6vSiKHjZFvP2wiVmim1ChZLiN3wOvdO_F76_S7FotniDx3jsweAbSaWjkU-wLcIVNJRGXcvoVqR5FNRjoRChZD64qXgec1wU1pDvOEU_maajLuwmbWohvxDvSaEJOdHYjdz-VFrpVSUlkTehTvXK6_mSYpdE9Yj94Akpd_u54jL4KUePmpw1sYuyHomG1bmFZy6BuArYg3Ww

Obviously skype has certain advantages in that it has built-in webcam support if you're playing angling your camera to your cards, but I think you're unlikely to get a lot of takers on this as the majority of online play happens using OCTGN, and Discord is a much stabler chat platform (and easier to jump into voice channels with other players).