Something a little more positive

By Leigh2, in Hollow Bastion

Things have been quite negative lately, so I wanted to see what it was that people enjoyed about this game. If you could all post something you enjoy about the Kingdom hearts TCG (is it a TCG or CCG?) that would be quite interesting. For example:

What I like about this game is that it is finally starting to differentiate into more gameplay styles. There are still the basic win requirements so in essence all decks fall into agro, world racer, or a hybrid but there are new and more interesting - albiet not powerful - ways to play and decks that can be themed around worlds, such as the respawning zombie style that the Nightmare Before Christmas style cards now have, returning Jack and halloween town heartless from the discard pile.

That, i think, is cool.

Anyone else?

What I like about this game is its appeal to a broad audience. Most card games can only draw a player's interest if it is based on something that person knows and recognizes. Kingdom Hearts TCG, like the video games, meld two Giant properties. I mean look at the player base for the Final Fantasy games. Then mix in something almost every person can recognize, Disney characters!! Holy crap, that is some insanley brilliant marketing! Look at it from my own experience. I got into the game (both the video and card) because I have been a huge FF fan. My 8 year old daughter wanted to play it because she saw cards with Ariel and Tinker Bell on them. Now we both enjoy this game and even have taught it to other kids at the Pokemon League I run.

What do I enjoy most about this game?

To be honest, it's the community. As one of the biggest (albeit never as good as Mr. Dawn) proponents of this game through it's history, I've come to know nigh on every single player who's ever got involved with this community and beyond anything else it's my wish that if this card game dies, the community doesn't follow suit. Hell, I've learned some invaluable lessons from this community and it brings a smile to my face remembering all the good and bad times we've had.

Trothael said:

What do I enjoy most about this game?

To be honest, it's the community. As one of the biggest (albeit never as good as Mr. Dawn) proponents of this game through it's history, I've come to know nigh on every single player who's ever got involved with this community and beyond anything else it's my wish that if this card game dies, the community doesn't follow suit. Hell, I've learned some invaluable lessons from this community and it brings a smile to my face remembering all the good and bad times we've had.

QFT

Me personally though, I've always wanted this game to be big and have big tournaments and local support. I wanted this because it's what I've always liked about this game. Not just the gameplay or the community, I always loved how it was impossible to be really serious about it...and how I always found it so funny when someone was. I mean, c'mon, how serious of a player can you be when you jumping up and down saying Hohohohooo! to give that Tigger plus 4? I wanted this game to be one of the first where anyone could jump in at any level and be welcomed...it's the spirit of the whole Kingdom Hearts franchise for gosh sakes! lol.

It's something I always hated about other card games...any given player in any given tournament could potentially be a **** who thought they were better than everyone...what some might consider as "Most Magic: The Gathering Players" lol. It always turned me off from those games because I don't like being talked down to or insulted just because I'm not as good as someone else. Anyone who's been around here long enough knows this and how hard I've always faught to keep the cocky and **** players out of this community. So that's what I love most...how much this game just makes ya feel like a kid again while presenting you with depth of play and strategy.

*puts on a fake moustache to disguise their identity

I like the FORMS! It's nice to have a use for magic

and the screenshots from final mix that they used for some of the limits

Gotta say, it's the simplicity, almost anyone can get a hang of the rules and play. And of course customizing my deck to include my favourite characters is just plain Spiffy. (I am eagerly awaiting Stitch)

I love the game play styles actually. I honestly think this game and it's mechanics make for better playing than most other tcg's/ccg's and I have played a lot. I was introduced to the game when I my girlfriend picked up some starters from target, and was instantly hooked! It has an appeal that I miss in the Magic community that I enjoyed in Score Entertainment's gaming communities. As others have stated, its quick to pick up for anyone of any age. Since there are multiple win conditions and player characters people can customize their decks to their liking with relative ease. I just...

I simply haven't had this much fun playing a card game since 2006. It is a pleasure to sit down to, shuffle up, and roll.

The game is mega awesome. i really like the game mechanics. i thinks its really cool you cant deck out and that reminded me of the Digimon TCG (yea i know i said that and am readdy to take all insults and humiliation that go along with that XD) and that was awesome. but seriously the game is really cool and easy for anyone to pick up. i started at the beginning-ish and when i started i was already up agaisnt people who had the best possible decks and the best cards and i had a demodeck/starter deck/couple packs and still did pretty well in tournaments. the rules arnt that complicated at all-except the newer sets. also despite what ive said in the past and contrary to what alot of people think i do like FFG. i was having a horrible day and then i came home to find a box full of promos thank you FFG your an awesome company.

thats my 2 cents and good thread topic

capncrunch said:

Digimon TCG (yea i know i said that and am readdy to take all insults and humiliation that go along with that XD)

YOU SUCK

*Nabeshin Face*

DAMMITIBROKETHESTYLESHEETAGAIN

You really MUST stop doing that Truffles.

Um.. Truffles? Are we gonna have to have another talk bout breakin the forums again? I thought you said last time was the 'last time'.

ah! my beautiful thread!

*cries*

I really don't know how I do it D: It just happens....a lot...

maybe the forums are trying to tell us something/ maybe Troth is someone extra super special...

What I like about this game? Tbh my initial draw was the same as most (if not all) people: playing a Kingdom Hearts themed card game. I never really liked the actual game mechanics, they seemed like they were the product of a great idea in mind, then in practice not enough thought was given to really put initial strategy into the game. I mean really, every Set there is an obviously superior deck type: Aggro or World Racer. I don't really ever remember a time when the two deck types were evenly balanced. I'm sure one could argue this point, but look at the trends.

And although I loved the fact that opponent's card chaining was almost non-existant, I have to admit the whole "okay your turn. ohh what's he doing. ohh! man! that sucks. okay, my turn again" style of play got a little boring. I mean unless your opponent Challenges you, you only did things during your own turn. I know that's not a big deal to some, but I like the idea of stopping my opponent from doing something that they thought they could do

But I do know that the community definatly kept me going up to the 3rd set. I mean my friends were losing interest, nobody around me played. I myself hardly touched my deck. But the people in this community kept me interested. Whether it was searching through the rulebook to answer questions, debating with people about what cards/decks were the best, or plain goofing off in the Odds and Ends section (oh, how I miss the old Spam Thread...) No offense, but this game has been on life support for a very long time. That being said, the only thing that can be credited for keeping even a flicker of life alive in this game IS the community that was built up.

and the depression settles in =)

The pond is full of it. Kinda hard not to catch some.

So whatr ever hgappened to my crayon idea? Huh? Huuuuh?

well crayons are nice and all, but wouldnt some nice photoshop make it all sweet and pretty? if not, the substitution of crayons for pastels or felt pens may just give the card a much needed edge. or we could just take in game screenshots like they did for the limit cards print them out and glue them over our common cards, that way we would at least be recycling =)