Battlelore dead?

By Supertoe, in BattleLore

Is anyone else beginning to get a little worried? Yes I know it has been only five months, but with the release schedule of last year and now this silence. And we all know that announcements precede the release by 3+ months. Am I just a worrywort? Or is it possible that they killed our beloved game?

Ffg announced changes to their distributors to prevent excessive online discounting and to better support physical stores, this is supposed to go into effect in April.

Anything announced and available to pre-order now would fall under the current process, so FFG are holding back on announcing lots of stuff.

I'll admit I wish there was some news, even just a general "there's more to come" type announcement, but I'm not worried right now.

The game is just a little over 2 years old and last year saw expansions that more than doubled the content of the base game. We went about a year before knowing there were any expansions coming, dice pack excluded... 5 months or whatever it's been now doesn't seem so bad.

Why worried? We got 4 expansion sets worth 40 bucks each with loads of stuff in it, including a third faction; 3 reinforcement packs adding neutral units; an app version, and an expansion for the app version. The Terrinoth universe is absolutely active: we got RuneBound revived, Descent 2nd that just got a new expansion and a few lieutenants packs, so that even the setting is loved all around. There are no signs for the game to be dead or whatelse. True, no announcements made lately, but so? I don't think it's enough to worry about the state of health of a game. You know, they're going through a lot these days (see the merge with Asmodee: I don't think it's something not stealing time; or the fact that they have some licenses they want to exploit, see SW or AGoT), so, I think it's natural some lines are not so hyper-productive like in the past.

I'm still hoping for a wave of combined releases across the terrinoth games.

The undead were announced for runebound, battlelore and descent at the same time, the last of the undead releases arrived this week (descent) so now they can announce a new wave of releases.

Yep, I do hope that as well, I like "living" the same universe through several different games

Ffg announced changes to their distributors to prevent excessive online discounting and to better support physical stores, this is supposed to go into effect in April.

Anything announced and available to pre-order now would fall under the current process, so FFG are holding back on announcing lots of stuff.

That makes sense then why they haven't said anything. Thanks!

I am quietly hoping for epic expansion. Would love to play 4 player mode.

The game would surely benifit from multiplayer mode. It would get more gametime on the table. I often find myself in the situation that a friend brings another friend along. This game is not prepared for the unexpected friend! Memoir '44 has multiplayer rules. We tried them with this game with poor results.

We played BT 3p, no probs with it. Instead of playing 3 factions, 2 players tag-teamed on one, debating the strategy and the comparing different readings of the battle. It was fun

Yes, tag-team is fun. We do this also if all players agree to it. It would be even more fun to fully integrate multiplayer rules in the game, like the Overlord rules do with Memoir'44. Having an overal commander who can only communicate with his field generals at specific points and who distributes command cards with or without full information is a lot of fun in that game. We tried it with Battlelore 2nd edition and found playing multiple command cards in a turn not adding to the game. It makes the experience more dull and it upsets game balance, because it is very difficult to anticipate the effect of multiple command cards in a turn. A special deck of multiplayer command cards would be best.

Edited by Phil_Fantus

Good News!

I have found out from a somewhat reliable source that Elves are in development! No timeline on it though.

They have not forgotten us!

Good News!

I have found out from a somewhat reliable source that Elves are in development! No timeline on it though.

They have not forgotten us!

Great news! Even without a timeline or official statement, it's good to know there's something in the pipeline.

Good to hear that elves are coming. I have the core and if I can get my son into the game will get everything else by end of summer.

FFG/Asmodee is going to milk all the cash they can from their games and I would not be suprised to see them drop the games that are not VERY profitable to maximize CEO paychecks.

Still enjoy many FFG products and will definitely get the expansions for this game though. I just buy everything online to maximize my savings now lol.

Cheers and happy spring to everyone in North Hemisphere!

Is anyone else beginning to get a little worried? Yes I know it has been only five months, but with the release schedule of last year and now this silence. And we all know that announcements precede the release by 3+ months. Am I just a worrywort? Or is it possible that they killed our beloved game?

What are you talking about? Game is alive as long as you play it. Would you say that chess are dead?

Consumerism possesed you so much that you can't consider playing game where you can't spend money on?

What are you talking about? Game is alive as long as you play it. Would you say that chess are dead?

Consumerism possesed you so much that you can't consider playing game where you can't spend money on?

You misinterpret me. Calling a game dead just means that they don't support it. I still play it all of the time, and I don't even have the undead expansions yet. (They are in the mail now).