What you would like to see next?

By Greymere, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Personally I'd like to see a deluxe expansion that expands on an even greater variety of cards for all 9 factions without warlords(I'd even prefer something with singles and the odd double or two of common cards like the core set to expand the card pool that much faster), additionally would like to see at least 4+ new planets and a solid multiplayer rule set, be a part of it.

Getting deluxe expansions that feature warlords from 3 of the 9 factions afterwards(plus additional planet options or sector rules/options), and war pack cycles with 9 warlords, 10 new non signature cards per faction and 3 new neutrals.

Illustrated card sleeves for Dark Eldar, Tyranids and Necrons would be a welcome release as well.

Edited by Greymere

Fewer Warlords and filling out theme decks. I need more sisters!

I would be very shocked if the next Deluxe wasn't Space Marines.

Maybe a box on variants, eg:

Imperial guard concentrates on sisters of battle.

Tyranids concentrates on genestealer hybrids.

Eldar concentrates on harlequins.

Neutral concentrates on navigators.

Space marines concentrates on Grey Knights.

Etc..

^^^^^^^^^^

Works for me, but do it as a cycle. All cards in the cycle fit into a sub theme including the Warlords.

Also I think a deluxe box with a full rules variant that is a kind of multiplayer whereby there is an automated (or player controlled) enemy big strong deck of a Titan... that two or three standard players go up against. I don't know how they would need to tweak the rules with the whole planet system but I'm sure they could think of something.

Star Wars did something similar with a Death Star run multiplayer deck. I just think a huge titan deck would be cool

Considering deluxe expansions are always a part of the card pool meta competitively, cycles seem to be the best means of introducing trait/theme specific warlords as they would be rotated out eventually.

The Tyranids expansion contained 10 infestation tokens, despite only using 7 planets a game, so a 10 planet official rules variation seems likely at some point.

They could introduce 4 new planets(2 single type and 2 double type) without effecting planet type variation, who's battle effects could reshape the game meta, and play variation.

New card types for multi game campaigns or multiplayer matches. Heck even a neutral event card that allows you to switch the first planet with the last planet or faction specific planet attachments or planets themselves(Necron Tombworld, Shrine World etc...) could all combine to reshape the existing game strategies.

Tekwych, on 27 Feb 2016 - 02:54 AM, said:

^^^^^^^^^^

Works for me, but do it as a cycle. All cards in the cycle fit into a sub theme including the Warlords.

Better to have your sisters in a deluxe expansion.

That way they won't rotate out in the future ;)

I would be very shocked if the next Deluxe wasn't Space Marines.

It would be logical to have all the missing chapters in a Deluxe expansion to appease the majority of Space Marine fans.

Personally I would prefer Eldar Harlequins.

Tekwych, on 27 Feb 2016 - 02:54 AM, said:

^^^^^^^^^^

Better to have your sisters in a deluxe expansion.

That way they won't rotate out in the future ;)

As much as I would love to see them in a deluxe I think cycles are the better place for theme decks, including SM Chapters. Cards in the deluxe sets need to be a bit vanilla as they will always be part of the game. This os the place for cards that truly manage the game state and maintain the meta. They might be used to introduce new mechanics or balance the factions. True Flavor and Fun (an Ork vehicle deck) belong in the cycles where they can color the meta for a few years but won't acutely alter the meta in the long run. The Sisters, most SM chapters, Harlequins, or some IG armies should be able to rotate out so they don't force a certain type of deck into the permanent meta. That does not mean a few cards here and there can't have those traits.

Remember that as certain things cycle out a new version can be cycled back in. The cards are not lost, just updated to better work with a game state that has aged a few years.

I would like to see a deluxe expansion for the Horus Heresy. I think it would be pretty cool to have Horus the Warmaster as my warlord.

I would like to see a deluxe expansion for the Horus Heresy. I think it would be pretty cool to have Horus the Warmaster as my warlord.

Sounds more applicable to a player created system like The First Age web content players made for Lord of the Rings.

Muddying the 30K characters and units with what is still a fairly underdeveloped card pool for 40K units and characters.

Hi this is my first post, what I would like is a game mat for conquest made available to purchase. The only ones I've seen are tournament ones which you only get if you win at a tourney. Game of thrones ,net runner ect have them why not Conquest? FFG are missing out here as I've seen this mentioned on other forums, and the guys at my club would all buy

I was just thinking that playmats and more card sleeves would be a good addition!

I played in my store's championship today, and we were talking about the way Games Workshop has been expanding their range into smaller armies, and perhaps we'll see a Mechanicum box that can ally with both Marines and Guard at the same time, or something. Though I guess FFG mostly expand their LCGs with faction-specific deluxe expansions. I agree with CommissarFeesh above, and think we'll be getting Space Marines first. Hopefully with more Chapter-specific stuff!

I'll +3 for a game mat but consider a 3x3 2 player mat with a star field down the middle and a command HQ on each side.

Unending War Two-Player Playmat

Nailed it! Well, no star field in the center but I think this is a buy for me.

3x3 would have been nicer considering how many units can pile up at a planet at a time, but its nice to see more options, still crossing my fingers for those additional illustrated sleeves

Just getting into it, have stuff ordered on CSI, will just be a bit before I get it all, since it was a bundled pre order. But with the mention of Deluxe, I could see an Inquisition Deluxe, which would have SoB for Imperium and Gk and Death Watch, with Inquisitor commanders who could pull from either one, if the Inquisition specific was kind of "Well it's already Imperium and SM allies"