Vanth and Yanth

By GauntZero, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

Hello Boyz,

Is it true that this are 2 different planets rather than a typo ?

The first appears in the Core Book as a jungle/swamp death world with dangerous plants, tentacles & medical gas, the second in enemies without as a jungle death world with dangerous plants, Insects & medical plants...

Is it just me ..or is this not very creative...

Uh... Pretty sure it was Yanth in the core-book too, but I don't have mine on hand.

The map on page 323 says "Yanth" but there is no world description present in the core rulebook for "Yanth". Yanth is a jungle death world.

Then on page 345, there is the description of Vanth, being a Jungle death world as well, but it doesn't appear on the map.

Then in enemies without Yanth gets a description, no mention of Vanth any where.

So yes, it's reasonable to assume that it's the same planet, Yanth being the actual name.

Edited by Gridash

Classic Administratum clerk-Apostasy. If proven of course. What with the Imperial Tithe of resources and Psykers I ask you, perhaps worthy of Inquest or Explication.

I smell some serious heresy going on here... :D

Especially, because they are about 80% similar, but 20% not so much.

What happened to the tentacles and the "living planet" and the gases...when Vanth turned to Yanth ??

At first I also thought it was a simple typo, and should be Yanth all the time...but the Vanth description has some fluff that the Yanth description does not match...

Sounds like it probably was an earlier draft that was unfortunately not remove in editing.

I love FFG and their work with the 40k systems, but it's fair to say their QA makes a few boo-boos every now and then. Like how they neglected to address agility for Daemon Engines in the Tome of Decay.

So its realistic to say, that Vanth and Yanth are the same, maybe dexcribing 2 different continens from the same planet :D

The Yanth side and the Vanth side so to say. Reminds me a little of Gork and Mork (maybe they came into being in a similar way...).

Whereas Yanth is a swampy jungle, Vanth is a jungly swamp :D

Classic Administratum clerk-Apostasy. If proven of course. What with the Imperial Tithe of resources and Psykers I ask you, perhaps worthy of Inquest or Explication.

What if there was both a Yanth and a Vanth but the time lapse between books represented actual time passing in the Askellon sector and Vanth mysteriously disappeared or was lost in the interim? Certainly potential heresy to be investigated.

Or, clerical error had the same planet given two different names! Nobody ever seems to find the second one, thus causing rumors of riches and stuff waiting to be found!