What to Use for Fortune Dice Tokens?

By SemperSarge, in WFRP Gamemasters

Hi guys,

I'm preparing to run a FFG WFRP game and wanted a cool idea for something to use as Fortune Die tokens. I have little white, bloodied skull tokens to use as wound tokens, and little black skull tokens to use as strain tokens. These are kept in a big skull bowl that's grinning in the middle of our table.

But, to keep with a theme of something positive for good fortune in the WFRP universe, what kind of token could I give to my players to represent good luck or good fortune? Any ideas? Little warhammers?

Ideas are great. Naming an actual product would be a godsend. Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

I'm preparing to run a FFG WFRP game and wanted a cool idea for something to use as Fortune Die tokens. I have little white, bloodied skull tokens to use as wound tokens, and little black skull tokens to use as strain tokens. These are kept in a big skull bowl that's grinning in the middle of our table.

But, to keep with a theme of something positive for good fortune in the WFRP universe, what kind of token could I give to my players to represent good luck or good fortune? Any ideas? Little warhammers?

Ideas are great. Naming an actual product would be a godsend. Thanks in advance!

Fortune Cookies? With the added bonus your players can eat them as they spend them :)

27ybgyg.png

Great ideas for the ones you're already using by the way.

PS: Come to think of it, depending on how good the proverbs were inside the cookies you might even be able to tie them into your story somehow

Edited by Noelyuk

Ha. Funny idea.

It occurred to me to just use a lot of white fortune dice, but I would need a ton of them. In addition to the white fortune dice I would need for regular play, I'd then need x3 for each player to start, plus another three or four to place in the fortune section of the group sheet. That's at least 13+ white fortune dice right there, yikes.

The only thing that comes to mind would be silly rabbit's foot or four leaf clover tokens, but that doesn't sound right.

Maybe white poker chips? Too boring?

Since I can see you are a stickler for details Sarge. Sticking with the chinese theme. If you've a chinatown near you you'll be able to pick up a load of these babies for next to nothing (just over 3 bucks for 50). They're chinese fortune (feng shui) coins. Less 'boring' than poker chips and authentic for the job at hand :)

2useeir.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N0AWCXU/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687762&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00N0H6ALS&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0SNCAG5W3GR3AQ4NJPJZ

Plus you could get some fortune cookies there while you're at it ;)

Edited by Noelyuk

From the very beggining for fortune points I am using tzeentch tokens from Winds of Magic. I think until now my players had not realised what does this symbol mean. But I hope, one day they will make the connection and get to understand warhammer world much better :D

If you have any board games with some silver coins or something?

I like these fortune coins, but can use other options

Counter or stones

FFG makes counters, there are likely other colours. Shouldnt take that much (3 to 5(rieklander) per player) by( amount of players) plus (amount of players - 1 for the party sheet).

Gold Counters

I have boxes of these, but in 4 colours

51Lsl1wXYaL._SL1000_.jpg

Edited by DurakBlackaxe

Like Durak Blackaxe I use gaming counters.

We have white ones for fortune, red for fatigue, blue for stress.

We also use green ones for Power and yellow ones for Favour.

They are cheap and are easy to handle.

If you want a more expensive idea, go to http://campaigncoins.com/ they have a lot of different coins and tokens.

For example the silver "tripple heart" coins feels positive and the silver colour feels good as fortune. If you want something with a skull theme the silver coins for Freeport are really nice.

Tripple heart:

3heart.JPG

Freeport silver coin:

freeport.JPG

Thanks for the ideas guys! I appreciate it!

I already use coins and if possible would like to do something different. I supported a kickstarter and got a bunch of fantasy coins by Fantasy Coins, LLC. I plan on using these coins to represent gold crowns, silver shillings, and brass pennies. I'm going to give each player a coin pouch with their character's money inside. As they spend it, I'll throw the coinage back in my chest. I'm a sucker for details like these.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm using miniature white skulls with red paint splatter as wound markers and miniature black skulls as strain markers.

I'm going to use the stance tracker that came with the game and the triangular tokens for exhausted skills, talents, etc.

I like the idea of using the green triangular Tzeentch tokens as fortune tokens. I may go in that direction unless anyone has a better idea.

Thanks!