What would you like to see next for DH2e?

By Gregor Eisenhorn, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

With the release of the Enemies Beyond book (and judging by the releases of Black Crusade and Only War), I'm sure we're all waiting to see if any more products are going to be released for this excellent RPG line! I've got a whole load of ideas I'd like to see made real but with FFG in full Star Wars mode at the moment, I'm going to try and be realistic and request one (okay, maybe two things).

The one thing I'd like to see is a trilogy of campaign books. All three of the campaigns (Dark Pursuits, Desolation of the Dead and Forgotten Gods) published for DH2e have in my opinion, been superior to their 1e counterparts and I'd love to see more campaigns written in this style, continuing the style of Forgotten Gods in particular. I'm incredibly busy in RL so published adventures are a God-send to me.

Then, if they were to move on to Rogue Trader 2e, doing it as a 'big expansion' for DH2e would be nice :)

Well, I'd want a nice Player's Handbook to start; a dedicated expansion on the core rulebook to add more equipment (to include vehicles), character creation options, niche rules, etc. Having a good section of planets in there (for character creation and setting details) would be nice too.

I'd take a 'Bestiary' with lots of fun critters and new or reintroduced Xenos races to play with as well next. Making up entire characters/races is one of the most tedious things I do for games; having a book of options to use or at least provide a base-line for me to build on is nice.

After that, I'd want expansions to play Only War, Rogue Trader and Deathwatch out of the current system. Make them all share the same system and stats, fully interchangeable.

At that point I'd be fine with more campaign books. I didn't enjoy Dark Pursuits, Desolation of the Dead and Forgotten Gods that much, personally. They ran well, were well structured... But every one of them ended with 'here's a Daemon-thing at reduced power levels to squash, have fun.' Combined with the part where you could never actually stop the summonings, it felt a bit forced at the ends.

EDIT: Yes, more backgrounds and Elite Advances for people to pick up. And Psychic Powers. And Talents.

Edited by MijRai

I'd like a book that expands on the home worlds, especially high born. And added backgrounds purchased with XP like in 1e (survivor of the such and such massacre). A world book would be good too. Desoleum in all its glory. Maps would be nice, and trait, equipment, physic powers, monster cards would be sooooo useful.

Okay...

Well we have seen the three main ordos receive a treatment (and a exceptional treatment), how about -

• coverage of the Adeptus Mechanicus, taking into account the recent changes of the TT WH40k regarding the Ad Mech army.
  • Bestiary (no brainer there).
  • Possibly expansion of roles/backgrounds/elite advances (e.g. how to emulate a death cultist or a sister repentia).
  • This may be controversial choice, a DH2e equivalent to Ascension.

Elsewhere, would like to see a book for OW covering the Commissar, Primaris Psyker and Stormtrooper support roles, seeing they are the only support characters not to get any love for OW.

Edited by Rictus

Space Marine homeworld as a character creation option. A world controlled by Space Marines sounds like it could be quite different.

Abhuman PCs. Not things like Ogryn's, who are only going to be useful when it's time to kick in a wall and start purging, but abhumans who are useful during some investigations. Which probably means expanding on abhumans that only have a line or two about written about them.

Did someone say Felinids? =D

No, noone wants the 40k version of Nekopara... >_<

I rather like combination of player and GM material in one book, so I would like to see combination of Disciples of the Dark Gods and RadicalĀ“s Handbook (in my humble opinion two very best supplements in all 40kRPG lines), to focus on, well, Radicalism and varrious subversive organizations, conspiracies, cults and such. That could be followed by hypothetical PuritanĀ“s Handbook and Servants of the Imperium merge, covering the non-daemonweapon wielding members of the Inquisition, overt operations, various lesser known Adeptus organizations and also the non-Adeptus ones, such as Noble families, sanctionated sects, Trade Guilds and other intrest groups.

Enemies That Will You and Will Kill You (Ordo Sicarius sourcebook) or Enemies Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey (for Ordo Chronos) are less possible, but could also be funny

They are one of the abhumans that don't have much written about them.

Mainly I want character creation options that lead to a PC that most humans will hate. One who only has very situational advantages to make up for it.

My desire for a vehicles supplement is already documented.

after that:

* Rogue trader 2e (Either as Standalone or BIG expansion)

* Something akin to Ascension with elite advances for (Balanced) Temple Assassins. Mods to the influence chart, more information on the politics of being an Inquisitor! (Being an Inquisitor must make the "Game of thrones" look like a fairy tale

* Update DW to the current 2E standard. Make it more integrate-able with the rest of the system.

I'd love to see "An Acolytes guide to Askellon", a book thats a mix of a sector book and the inquisitors handbook of DH1.

I recently noticed that there are no heavy las weapons in any DH2 book I've seen. Sure, I could use Inquisitors Handbook stats, but the rarity set for them there seems way to common. So I'd like to see more las weapons.

Really good suggestions thus far. A bestiary in particular would be great, I find myself still using Creatures Anathema. I'd like something more up to date covering some of the xenos creatures that couldn't fit into Enemies Without and more importantly, more of the natural flora and fauna native to Askellon.

They exist, Bilateral; multilaser is under the Chimera in the first book, and the Sentinel Walker in Enemies Without has the lascannon stats, last I checked.

-Bestiary with new xenos for Askellon (or restating those of DH1)

-An acolyte handbook (general informations about Askellon, new homeworld options, new background options)

-A radical's handbook (Mash-up of the Disciples of the dark gods and radical's handbook of DH1).

After that, it would make six neats and clear supplements, and I would be very okay with the line finishing there.

Then, we could go with two other big expansions to expand and finish the line allright.

-Warriors of the Imperium (a section dedicated to Space Marines and how to play them standalone OR clear gudelines to integrate them in DH campaigns)

-Peers of the Imperium (Dedicated to high level playing; politics and influence talents, great use of the leadership aptitude, etc and also the place where you add Rogue Trader as an expansion)

They exist, Bilateral; multilaser is under the Chimera in the first book, and the Sentinel Walker in Enemies Without has the lascannon stats, last I checked.

That multilaser is a vehicle class weapon, not a heavy weapon. So while it's been statted up, it's clearly meant to be a weapon that stays on the vehicle.

I don't have enemies without. What class does that lascannon get ?

A Bestiary, a Sector Guide, and a 'Big Book O' Plot Hooks' a la DH1 's Disciples of the Dark Gods .

Mainly I want character creation options that lead to a PC that most humans will hate. One who only has very situational advantages to make up for it.

So basically creating the Jar Jar Binks for the 40k universe?

From an economic point of view, I'd continue to make source books that are relevant to players and GMs alike.

Similar to the books Enemies within, without & beyond, they could have something of everything and focussed on a certain aspect of DH / Askellon.

Why not make Subsector Source Books ?

- important planets of the subsector (including char creation options)

- beast from the subsector

- weapons, vehicles and equipments from that subsector

- threats, Xenos & cults from that subsector

- the one or other additional role/Background

- interesting elite packages that are related to the subsector

So basically creating the Jar Jar Binks for the 40k universe?

This does already exist - ist called a mutant ;D

Edited by GauntZero

Lascannon is a Heavy weapon. Stats include 300m range, S/-/-. 5d10+10 E, Pen 10, Clip 30, RLD 2 Full, 55kg Weight, Very Rare, Proven (3).

Also, the Multilaser in Enemies Without has the Heavy Tag as well; otherwise, the same stats as the one on the Chimera.

Only War has the most current stats on the Lascannon but they are the same as those listed above.

Ah, so they do include them as heavy weapons. Good to know.

I'd also like to see additional toxins ! And a couple of new drugs. Just for...you know...scientific reasons...

Uh, no Rad. Those stats are the most current as they came out of Enemies Without.