Boxing is Life. Steve Fox All

By The Hawk2, in UFS Deck Building

This is my All Steve Fox deck. Basically punches people like WOAh and uses Steve's affect, ultimate Tema, WW Comics, and realxing model for defense. The deck also is pretty balacned block wise.

It plays a lot of stun affects (like all punch decks) and for the money for easy attacks. Steve making the each attack plus 2 speed helps push easy damage throguh while boxing is life , bloodline, and ultimate team pump to uber damage. Its got reoccursion in body of souls and plenty of ALL draw cards.

CHARACTER

Steve Fox

ATTACKS x 16

4x Turn Thruster (4/2) +1Mid

4x Tandoya (5/3)

4x Hammer of the Gods (5/3) +2 High

4x Gut Drill (5/3) +2 Mid

ASSETS x 9

3x Wonder World Comics (2/5) +3 Low

3x Paul's Gi (2/4) +2 Mid

3x Path of the Master (2/5) +2 Mid

FOUNDATIONS x 35

4x Boxing is Life (2/5)

3x Ancient Fighting Style (1/4) +4 Mid

3x Relaxing Model (2/5) +3 High

3x Genius Alchemist (2/5)

4x Ultimate Team (3/5) +2 Low

4x Financial Trouble (2/5)

3x Bloodline Rebellion (3/5) +3 High

4x For the Moneys (2/5) +3 Mid

3x Body of Souls (2/5)

4x Hunt for Jin (1/5) +2 Low

Side Deck

1x Paul Pheonix

4x Pheonix Smasher

3x Thoughest in the Universe

I was also thinking of replacing ancient fighting style. I could use suggestions with what. And maybe adding one bloodline.

Any comments would really help. Thank You

in my opinion run the extra bloodline. when they stack it's crazy, and if anything add in a extra anceint fighting style. it's a great spam foundation, works with ultimate team on your opponents turn and has a 4 mid block. no point replacing it. unless you wanted to go for researching the past to help get your gut drills back...

yeah four blood line rebelions are worth it!

Just wondering why you where running Search for Jin. You don't really have anyway of knowing what is on the top of your deck. Other then that the best I can tell you is to wait until the next set to see if you can improve the deck.

i think All is his weakest symbol...i think a chaos build of him would be **** especially abusing Blazing fist...i think Fire would probably be his best symbol rightnow

I would try to main deck Phoneix Smasher. Even if you are not able to pull the combo off its still a pretty soild 3 mid for 6 damage punch attack. I like the build of this deck a lot, and I am happy to see something beside a fire build.

Looks almost exactly like Jeremy Ray's Steve Fox deck.

Good build. It can't get any better than this.

Shaneth said:

Looks almost exactly like Jeremy Ray's Steve Fox deck.

Good build. It can't get any better than this.

Yeah he's commented on it too. Lol had a couple of close Steve V Steve games too.

About the hunt for jins, right now its just a really chea foundation with a 5 check, decent block, oh and the occasional luck sack with it lol.

As for Smasher was thinking of adding it and its probably a solid idea to add two. But i find the deck runs just fine off of three potm.

I hope all gets a boost in the next set cuz im not really a huge fire fanatic and i am in love witht his build of Steve.It looks hyper sick on paper, and it runs sick too.

You asked for some comments and this is more or less what I got.

First off, I compared it to what Failed2k posted a while back, and they are very similar, the prime differences being the inclusion of Controller of Souls in his. Other than that the attack lineup, assets, and large majority of foundations are the same.

Let me comment on what you are trying to do (what I see in your deck) and why it will fail against certain characters, it does well against almost everything else.

1. Early kill, For the Money followed by many attacks, bigger damage from Turn Thruster and Hammer of the Gods.

2. Mid game, block reverse with Gut Drill and kill the following turn ala #1. Draw with lots of stuff, defend with lots of stuff. Path can be added to the list of bigger damage.

3. Late game, when a single Gut Drill on opponents turn doesn't do much??? No particular way to push any big damage through. More importantly there are no particularly 'big' defense cards to stop the opponents big damage push???

Summary: Poses a decent threat early game, but nothing amazing granted bigger damage comes from attacks and few support pieces. Poses a potent threat mid game and against decks that throw blockable attacks and without answers to stun. Builds pretty good with a lot of draw, but lacks a large number of valuable pieces, quite a few generics/sometimes useful cards. Note, most draw involves attacking which could open up for reversal or weaker state come next turn. Fairly reliant on stun and FtM for a multi-attack turn less 3 genius alchemists.

Detailed:

If you don't draw into Turn Thrusters you probably will find it hard to kill turn 2/3. That said, you are looking at the sweet spot of your deck around #2, the mid game, with 1 or 2 of your unique assets out, a plethora of small defensive items, and card advantage likely in your favor. The problem with this is that a lot of your material advantage relies on your opponent attacking you to get reversed, or with your opponent not having answers to stun. A defensive deck will probably find a way to push you to late game where your deck is the weakest. You can draw a lot of cards, but none of them stop giant speed pumped attacks, stun, or answer throws. On the flip-side, your attacks do not gaurantee damage late game, where the opponent has enough to commit out on blocks, even after stun, you have no throws, no rampant speed pump, discard, or selective stun/control pieces and your big damage pump isn't that big considering it will probably be half blocked late game at best (worst is path is cancelled).

Oddly enough I think the removal (or difference between you and Failed2ks deck) of the Controllers helps you achieve #1 above, but hurts you with respect to #2 and espeically #3 (late game). The CoS helps reduce the opponents ability to get off big damage with assets, and offers you some of Alls only control. In other words, your matchups against asset decks (path decks) is much worse without CoS, but your ability to kill earlier is probably slightly better with a fewer card count. I would argue that you have gone the wrong route with this, especially since #2 is where your sweet spot is, focusing or trying to kill earlier more often isn't exactly the best idea playing with a) a 6hs character, b) one without damage pump, c) one with abilities that necessitate the addition of punch cards to momentum.

At the same time I think this deck suffers from too many small defensive items. Wonderworld is great... But if you don't get it you don't get it. You don't really need the draw from it. You don't really need the momentum (doesn't give you damage, just gives you redux). In probably 65-75% of games you aren't getting 1/3 asset cards out, and probably are still relying on the old fashioned way of getting punch cards into the momentum. You are probably gaining little else (all things considered your opponent can also change zones with momentum...) from it. But most importantly, you don't have a way to protect your character. What I am saying is that in 50% of the case where you really need your damage redux your opponent will have a way to take it away from you with pommel or blanking.

Personally, what with Steve's character ability itself, I would take out the other minor defense pieces, Relaxing Model = out. I'd take Wonderworld out too if you don't add something that uses momentum...

You should either add CoS to the deck or remove Ancient Fighting Style. Personally I would keep Ancient at 3X and add in 3X Controllers, the 4th possibly in the sideboard. Ancient is great for +4 discard on your Hammer or your Ultimate Team, it is also a 1 diff. Combined with Controller... it is great.

Still, personally here, I don't love the attack lineup. I don't like 4X for attacks except for the really important ones, and I'm just not a fan of Tandoya or Gut Drill. I also don't like that you are siding into Paul to get your selective stun. I think you should run Pommel Smash in this deck, even if it isn't a punch. It shares 2 symbols, has the stun keyword, has a 3 difficulty (something you are lacking), it fits in this deck.

My attack line up might look like this, assumes leaving Wonderworld in... (note also, the deck is now All and Fire, too much overlap not to make it dual...)

Blazing Fist X 3 (C,F)

Pommel Smash X 3 (A,F)

Gut Drill X 3 (A,C)

Turn Thruster X 3 (A,F)

Hammer of Gods X 4 (A,F)

= 16, I would then make the deck 63-66 cards.

Assets are fine, = 9, all 9 of them have (A, F)

As far as foundations go I'd go...

4 X The Ultimate Team (A, F)

4 X Financial Trouble (A,F)

4 X For the Money (A,F)

3 X Best Friends (A,F)

3 X Boxing is Life (A, C)

4 X Bloodline Rebellion (A)

4 X The Hunt for Jin (A)

3 X Ancient Fighting Style (A, C)

3 X CoS (A, C)

3 X Researching the Past (A)

3 X Driven by Fear (C, F)

= 38

1 X Paul Pheonix (to top deck with Researching and to block, frees up sideboard as well)

= 1

Total = 16+9+38+1 = 64, 65 w/ Steve

Sideboard

3 X P2P

3 X Memories that Stain It's Armor

1 X CoS

1 X Pommel

= 8

Driven By Fear is probably more useful to you than a few Genius Alchemists are. Namely, it shares 2 symbols, has a +3 block. Tech is punch, punch, blazing, multiple, multiple (5 attacks). Driven to clear. Then whatever other attacks you have, more punchs even? If you get really late game you can probably Driven, Researching, Hunt and play one attack twice in a turn...

I'm pretty tempted to Mainboard Memories that Stain, it has the +4 block mod, and is really your only way to get use out of your stun in long games against torn hero and the likes.

It's all up to you, but if you have the above cards I'd try it at least once to see if it gives you any versatility you didn't have before.

- dut

thx dut. Seems like it would work pretty well. Ill try some of the suggestions out and see where it takes me.