Questions regarding the game's future

By Vinceff7, in Hollow Bastion

Hey all,

So I probably posted in the wrong place earlier (in the news section), but I had noticed a November 21st, 2009 on Borders.com for a new Kingdom Hearts TCG. Way to the Dawn was kind enough to post a link to the product in question, and gave his thoughts.

My concern is that I just started playing KH a month or so ago. I sincerely hope the game hasn't been canceled.

So, on that note...

Does anyone know how many sets were released in Japan?

Does anyone know if the Japanese version of the game is still being produced?

Has anyone heard of an American side cancelation of the game?

How often do sets get their release dates pushed back due to complications with production/rights with this game?

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

- There were 7 Sets released in Japan, but when they were released over here, FFG consolidated some of the sets together. For example: our Set 1 was a combination of Japan's Set 1 and 2.

- The Japanese Game Died around, I wanna say, 2004 or 2005...it's been gone for so long the original Japanese game site was taken down last year.

- We haven't heard anything official from FFG, but their lack of support along with their complete and utter dissapearance from this game since GenCon has been alarming. Usually we would have gotten an official tournament by now or just some sort of word on the goings on within this game from the higher ups. For the past year now this entire community has been worried this game is dying for a number of reasons. For one, there should be some sort of Organized Play system set up by now...we're four sets in and most other CCGs would have had one by Set 2...a number of us have spoken with FFg staff (myself included)...and the word isn't good. So, like I said, while it isn't official...it's very likely.

- This game has had release dates pushed back on a regular basis since Set 2. The difference here is that usually we are told of delays and we are told when a new set is coming out....it just seems odd that a new set is slated for release soon and we haven't heard a darn peep from FFG about it. I'll email our contact and see what I can find out and I will report back here with what I find (or don't).

Hm intresting

I checked the Borders website myself and it shows. I wounder if theres any truth to this. The Listing seems random as hell