Kate Deck

By Misfit Toy, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

I am new to Netrunner and looking for advice on my Kate deck, I only have the Core set, Kala Ghoda, Chrome City, and What Lies Ahead. Any help would be appreciated.

Kate 2.0 (45 cards)
Kate "Mac" McCaffrey: Digital Tinker
-- Event (0 cards)
3 Diesel
3 Easy Mark
3 Infiltration
1 Inside Job
2 Modded
2 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble
3 The Maker's Eye
2 Tinkering
-- Hardware (0 cards)
2 Akamatsu Mem Chip
2 The Personal Touch
1 The Toolbox
-- Program (0 cards)
1 Battering Ram
1 Corroder
2 Crypsis
1 Gordian Blade
1 Magnum Opus
1 Ninja
1 Pipeline
2 ZU.13 Key Master
-- Resource (0 cards)
1 Access to Globalsec
1 Aesop's Pawnshop
3 Armitage Codebusting
2 Sacrificial Construct
1 The Helpful AI

Your icebreakers are wearing a belt and suspenders on overalls. Two different Fracters, two different Killers, two different Decoders and Crypsis? And Magnum Opus? You're going to find yourself MU-locked as well, even without the redundant unnecessary redundancy.

With a limited card pool it's a bit hard to say if you're making optimal choices off the top of my head. Run two copies of whichever breaker is better--offhand I'd say Gordian, Corroder, Ninja. Drop Crypsis as he is very inefficient without Datasuckers.

For what reason are you running extra Link? What's it do for you?

Grimwalker I see your point on the link I didn't run into it as much as I thought I would during the tourney, I made some changes to the deck I still need to work on the breakers in the process of taking out pipeline haven't had a change to look for a replacement, I did add two datasuckers into the mix. Thoughts on the new deck, I did just get the creation and control box.

Kate 2.1 (45 cards)
Kate "Mac" McCaffrey: Digital Tinker
-- Event (0 cards)
3 Diesel
3 Easy Mark
3 Infiltration
2 Modded
2 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble
3 The Maker's Eye
2 Tinkering
-- Hardware (0 cards)
2 Akamatsu Mem Chip
2 The Personal Touch
1 The Toolbox
-- Program (0 cards)
2 Corroder
2 Crypsis
2 Datasucker
1 Gordian Blade
1 Magnum Opus
1 Ninja
1 Pipeline
2 ZU.13 Key Master
-- Resource (0 cards)
1 Aesop's Pawnshop
3 Armitage Codebusting
2 Sacrificial Construct
1 The Helpful AI

Especially on economy she seems to wax and wane more than I would like.

You're still doing the thing where you have more than one breaker per ice type. Since you now have Creation & Control, there's no longer a need to run multiples. Go down to 1 copy each of your best breaker in each category, and run three Self-Modifying Code to tutor for them.

As a good econ package consider 2 Aesop's Pawnshop (consider a second core set, it is a good value) 3 Armitage Codebusting, and 3 Daily Casts. Aesop greatly increases all of their efficiency because you can sell them for $3 before they're empty.

Also consider Opening Moves. It's a tremendously good pack--it includes Hostage, a criminal card that can tutor for your one copy of Aesop, as well as Jackson Howard, hands down the most impactful corp card in the game.