Questions regarding power armor and the dragon scale armor

By TheJack, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Everyone seems to think that Dragon Scale is power armor... And the description of it supports this.

However, the actual category of it is "Advanced"... Isn't it supposed to be Power?

And also, isn't power armor supposed to support its own weight? I seem to recall this from somewhere, but I can't actually seem to find the rule for it anywhere. Is that just the Astartes version?

Well, Dragonscale is a unique type of armor , it does not have its own energy source , which can be depleted or damaged , so it falls into this category . I think so.

And yes , there is no rule in the DH books about the power armor weight . B ut this rule for non-Astartes version can be found in RT corebook

Well, Dragonscale is a unique type of armor , it does not have its own energy source , which can be depleted or damaged , so it falls into this category . I think so.

And yes , there is no rule in the DH books about the power armor weight . B ut this rule for non-Astartes version can be found in RT corebook

Where it can be found?

Where it can be found?

Rogue Trader Corebook, p.139: "For all types of power armour, the weight of the armour does not count for calculating the wearer’s normal carrying limit"

I believe he meant the Dragonscale armor itself, which is in Inquisitor's Handbook p. 137.

Where it can be found?

Rogue Trader Corebook, p.139: "For all types of power armour, the weight of the armour does not count for calculating the wearer’s normal carrying limit"

Aaah, I knew I had seen this rule somewhere! Thank you! I might be able to let my GM apply that to power armor in Dark Heresy too...

I still think it's kinda weird that Dragon Scale, which seems to be Power Armor in every other way, is not classified as such though.

Where it can be found?

Aaah, I knew I had seen this rule somewhere! Thank you! I might be able to let my GM apply that to power armor in Dark Heresy too...

I still think it's kinda weird that Dragon Scale, which seems to be Power Armor in every other way, is not classified as such though.

Macharian Handbook classifies it as such, since it doesn't really seem to fit anywhere else.

The problem is that if you consider it as the p ower armor , then it is subject to power armor rules: crap power supply (Corebook, p.145) or "damaging power armour" (DH p.71/131, BoM, p.118).

The problem is that if you consider it as the p ower armor , then it is subject to power armor rules: crap power supply (Corebook, p.145) or "damaging power armour" (DH p.71/131, BoM, p.118).

Not exactly - it's powered by the wearer's (internal) potentia coil, not a power backpack.

I'd say Dragonscale should get the benefits of being powered armor ... but not the downsides.

Alternatively, I might class Dragonscale as more of an external cybernetic implant that militant tech-priests wear, and can remove (but why would they?). Possibly requiring an Enhanced Potentia Coil (LW) for permanent wear.

Not exactly - it's powered by the wearer's (internal) potentia coil, not a power backpack.

Yes, I have already said that this is why it is a unique type of armor . But I like the idea about the implant.. a t least it is worth thinking what kind of bonuses can give EPC compared with ordinary optentia coil .