Should I buy?

By Razor Soul, in Micro Mutants

Is this a speed game? I hate speed games.

Razor Soul said:

Is this a speed game? I hate speed games.

This is not a speed game. This is combat tiddley-winks. MM:E should be considered a turn-based dexterity game. You set up your bases and flip two of your soldier-bugs out to attack the enemy base. Choose which bugs to move from your die roll. Different bugs also have unique abilities.

If you have kids, especially boys (age 5-12) this game is a must. I got this for my 7-yr old boy for Christmas last year and he and his older sisters love it. If you don't have kids, I personally think this is an excellent beer and pretzels game. In spite of being very appealing to the younger set, I would happily play with an adult gaming group. I wrote a VERY brief review at BGG: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/439898 . As an adult I give the game a solid 7. Every kid that has played the game at our house has given it a 10.

I bought mine really cheap at a closeout sale, by my wife's nephews had such a good time playing it at our house last September, I'll be buying one at retail to send them for Christmas this year.