Visualizing Arcane Velez

By Tectorman, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Looking for various interpretations on how you think this appears.

At the Arcane degree, Velez allows the user to attack via his energy rather than his own body, and his actions are invisible to those who cannot see the supernatural or otherwise detect energy.

So assuming you have a character that can see the supernatural, just what exactly is he seeing? What are the various ways that you visualize it? A second ghost image of the Velez user standing next to him? A bunch of translucent arms, a la Elfen Lied?

So assuming you have a character that can see the supernatural, just what exactly is he seeing? What are the various ways that you visualize it? A second ghost image of the Velez user standing next to him? A bunch of translucent arms, a la Elfen Lied?

Any and all of the above are viable, really. There's no set description on a person's Ki Aura or techniques, on how spells look, or what a Psychic power might seem to be, and this is really no exception. So, it could be any of those things.

Personally, I'm a fan of things like the ghost image, a living aura that takes the same basic shape, but moves and strikes before settling back into the body of the character. It's all still limited to melee range (last I checked Velez didn't offer ranged Martial Arts attacks), but it's still fun. You (and your GM) should decide on how you want it to look for each character, because even two people practicing Velez don't need to have it look the same way.

I know it's not a very direct answer, but I hope it helps. ^_^

Both of those answers are right, and that is one of the reasons that I love Anima. A characher might have instead learned the martial art Traveling Hand (same stats as Velez), which fires a palm print from the hand towards an enemy. On the the other hand, someone might know Ghosting (Velez) which is instead a phantom image of the user.

I was just looking over the Ki book and I had forgotten about auras and that would be a cool affect for the visualisations of martial arts like Velez in conjunction with your Ki effects so a fiery young martial artist would most likely have a cool red aura

Edited by greystroke

Any and all of the above are viable, really. There's no set description on a person's Ki Aura or techniques, on how spells look, or what a Psychic power might seem to be, and this is really no exception. So, it could be any of those things.

Personally, I'm a fan of things like the ghost image, a living aura that takes the same basic shape, but moves and strikes before settling back into the body of the character. It's all still limited to melee range (last I checked Velez didn't offer ranged Martial Arts attacks), but it's still fun. You (and your GM) should decide on how you want it to look for each character, because even two people practicing Velez don't need to have it look the same way.

I know it's not a very direct answer, but I hope it helps. ^_^

Yeah, I know it could be any visualization you want. I was just looking for examples. For instance, the "drawn" dragon aura that Po was sporting towards the end of Kung Fu Panda 3 would work. Or the looming ghostly manifestations in Ranma 1/2 by such characters as Happosai and Soun Tendo.

Any other ways anyone might have it look?

A glowing green ki squirrel leaps from the user at his target to maul him.

Of course, the color/animal would depend on the character and what their totem might be.