Constant Vigilance side mission (possible spoilers)

By Rain King, in Imperial Assault Campaign

I have two questions regarding the side mission Constant Vigilance.

**Spoilers**

1) When the Imperial player intereacts with a prisoner token to push them, can the prisoner move up and down the ladders to the outpost in the middle? If so, does moving from one Rebel token to the next count as two spaces? The push rules in the RRG say "Pushing a figure requires no movement points."

2) The fifth bullet point in the briefing says "When tracing line of sight or counting spaces to a space in the outpost, ignore walls and figures." Am I correct that this means a Nexu can use it's Pounce ability to jump up on the outpost and attack? I think this one is yes, but wanted to confirm.

Edited by Rain King

Hi, up the thread again because I have the same doubts. And another one, If I attack a figure out the outpost but I am adyacent to that place, could I use cleave to hurt to somebody on the outpost and adyacent to me?

(this has probably been answered on BGG)

1) Moving through the ladders need movement points. Push is not providing movement points. Push is a move X spaces. The prisoners cannot thus "use" ladders.

2) Yes, by rules as written, Nexu could Pounce into and out of the outpost, provided there is a 2x2 empty space within 3 spaces.

15 minutes ago, player4049001 said:

If I attack a figure out the outpost but I am adyacent to that place, could I use cleave to hurt to somebody on the outpost and adyacent to me?

I'm not quite getting the whole picture of the situation. A melee attack without reach could not attack out of the outpost. Melee attack with reach could (within 2 spaces and line of sight). Cleave with reach could target another figure outside of the outpost in the same way, or a figure on the outpost.

Thanks.

I mean this, for example:

2gv27ow.png

Nexu attaks Fenn and with cleave makes 2 damage to Loku.

Nexu has a melee attack without reach, so attacks and thus cleaves adjacent figures. Nexu is not adjacent to Loku, so cannot cleave him.

Maybe my english is not enought to understand this section of the Mission briefing:

-

A figure on the outpost ignores walls and figures when determining line of sight or counting spaces. When tracing line of sight or counting spaces to a space in the outpost, ignore walls and figures.

The second part I understand as if nexu (or any figure) is outside de outpost ignore walls to counting space, so it would be as if there were NO wall, so is in your line of sight and adyacent to you. Maybe there is something that I don't get to understand well. 😕

Edited by player4049001

The mission rule only affects counting spaces and line of sight, not adjacency.

Melee attacks without reach require adjacency, and walls block adjacency.

Melee attacks with reach and ranged attacks use counting spaces and line of sight, so the mission rule allows them to ignore walls.

Thanks, I understand.

I have a couple more doubts about this mission:

If I deploy a Wampa on this point I could use him by this way

4tmrk6.png

wty3wz.png

Whith 5 movements point I can place him on that space and block the ladder? I mean, would the rebels need 7 movements points? 2 to enter to the ladder where the wampa is and 5 to go into the outpost (2 beacuse the wampa is in that space and other 2 because is the rule to move to the ladder of the same colour and one more point to go and adjacent empty space) [/spolier]

Arggg, forget what I have already written because I didn't realize about small figures. Anyway, if I place one small figure in the outpost on the ladder, it would be necessary 2 points for the ladder and 2 point for the enemy figure?

Edited by player4049001

You can't place a figure in a space where the figure cannot end movement. If a figure occupies a rebel mission token, a figure on the other token of the same color cannot use the mission rule to place itself.

PLACE
Many effects place figures or tokens on specific spaces of the map.
• When a figure on the map is placed, it is removed from its current space and then placed where indicated.
• Placing a figure in a space requires no movement points.
• A player cannot choose to place a figure in a space where it cannot end its movement, such as in a space
containing another figure, blocking terrain, or impassable terrain.
• When a figure is placed, it enters the space(s) where it is placed.
• When a figure is placed, it ends movement.

Edited by a1bert

I am afraid I didn't explain right.

Yin Odan want to up on the outpost by the red ladder, how many movement points does she need? I say that 1 to the red ladder plus 2 by the rule of the mission +2 by the enemy figure +1 to the empty space. 6 total.

Edited by player4049001

The mission rule literally says "place", not "move to". By rules as written Jyn cannot be placed on the space that has the other red rebel mission token, because there is already a figure.

(Whether this is intended or not here, later missions do not use "place", they use "move as if the spaces were adjacent".)

If you choose to allow moving instead of placing, it would take 5. A hostile figure only adds +1 movement point cost.

Ok, my mistake. It just one extra cost. Thanks!

Edited by player4049001

I am here again 😅 Sorry but my friends (the rebel side) have a few doubts and they want I ask in the forum:
1-When a hero is defeated, increase the mb by the threat level. This means each time a hero is defeated (wounded increase, withdrawal increase to any heroe) or just one time in a mission when a heroe is defeated for first time?

2- If a figure outside the outpost ignores walls when counting spaces... Can Garhkam use charge to cross through the outpost from one side to another? Can the prisioners do the same? You push a prisioner not move (push no needs movement points so...)

Edited by player4049001

2. No to both. Charge uses move X spaces, it does not use counting spaces. Push uses move by spaces. Ladders can only be used by spending movement points.

1. Each time any hero is defeated (wounded or withdrawn).

Edited by a1bert

2. I mean no to use the ladder. If a figure outside the outpost ignores the wall when counting spaces... garhkam could do that?

10x4nqb.png

xoh35s.jpg

Garhkam is moving spaces not movement points with charge. He needs speed to transform that speed into spaces but no movement points.

The prisioners have more or less the same problem. To push a prisioner doesn't need any movement points, it just spaces so if you are adjacent to the wall and push a prisioner you have to count spaces and could do it through the wall as Garhkam.

Really I don't see very well the difference between prisioners/Garhkam and the nexu. Maybe it's because the nexu`'s card says "place the nexu..."

Edited by player4049001

Move X Spaces and Counting Spaces are different. Move X Spaces DOES NOT use Counting Spaces.

Pounce uses Counting Spaces (within X spaces), while Charge uses Move X Spaces, which does not use counting spaces. When you move (up to) X spaces, you move one space at a time to an adjacent space (up to) X number of times (you are NOT counting spaces and placing a figure).

COUNTING SPACES
Many effects require players to measure the distance between figures, objects, and/or spaces. To determine this
number, the player counts how many moved spaces it would take for a small figure to move from one space to
the other. Impassable terrain can be moved into and through for this measurement. This measurement cannot go
through walls, doors, or blocking terrain.

• If a figure's ability specifies to choose something within a set number of spaces, players count spaces from
the figure using the ability. Likewise, if an ability specifies to choose an adjacent figure, the figure must be
adjacent to the figure using the ability.

MOVEMENT

• Move X Spaces: If an ability moves a figure a listed number of spaces, this movement ignores movement
point costs. All other effects of terrain and figures apply, for example the figure cannot end its movement in
another figure's space. Usually abilities use the forms “move up to X spaces” and “may move 1 space”. You
cannot save movement from move X spaces for later. When moving in this way, a large figure's base cannot
rotate and must retain its orientation.

Mmmm, if I understand you well Shyla Varad with mandalorian whip could use her ability with the figures on the outpost if she were outside (or vice versa). Right?

8 hours ago, player4049001 said:

Mmmm, if I understand you well Shyla Varad with mandalorian whip could use her ability with the figures on the outpost if she were outside (or vice versa). Right?

No. She could not push the figure to be adjacent to her, and thus could not use Mandalorian Whip.

Oh, man, I am a fu**ing monguer. Then the difference between Nexu and Shyla is that the first use the word "place" and the second "push"... I think.

Thanks, a1bert.

On 4/10/2019 at 9:45 PM, a1bert said:

The mission rule literally says "place", not "move to". By rules as written Jyn cannot be placed on the space that has the other red rebel mission token, because there is already a figure.

(Whether this is intended or not here, later missions do not use "place", they use "move as if the spaces were adjacent".)

If you choose to allow moving instead of placing, it would take 5. A hostile figure only adds +1 movement point cost.

Sorry again, but when you says "choose to allow moving instead of placing" you mean if all of us (rebels and imperials) agree with that change? I mean if the rules says "place" and, as you say, we cannot place a figure on the same space where already there is a figure... how possible can she move inside the outpost? The rule says place that figure on the ladder, if you cannot place it you cannot move inside, right?

2afkadg.jpg

I wish to put Shyla adjacent to Loku but... this seems impossible if the HK are on the ladders [/spolier]

1 minute ago, player4049001 said:

Sorry again, but when you says "choose to allow moving instead of placing" you mean if all of us (rebels and imperials) agree with that change?

Yes, I mean if you as a group decide to change how the mission is written.

Thanks... and the last question I hope ^_^

Could the officer give a "order" to trooper? I think yes cause it just counting spaces.

mcc3t1.png [/spolier]

Yes. The image does not have an officer, but "within 2 spaces" is using Counting Spaces.

Argg, my mistake, I've chosen the wrong image.

... last question? :D

Does a prisioner block a line of sight as any other figure?

3 minutes ago, player4049001 said:

Does a prisioner block a line of sight as any other figure?

Tokens are figures only if explicitly defined to be figures. Prisoners are neutral figures, so:

NEUTRAL FIGURES
During a campaign, some figures are denoted as neutral. These figures are only present in specific missions. The additional rules regarding these figures are described in the mission.

• No player controls a neutral figure. Neutral figures cannot activate or perform actions.
  • These figures cannot suffer ï (damage) or be targeted by attacks, abilities, or any game effect except as specified by the mission's rules.
  • Figures can move through spaces containing neutral figures at no additional movement point cost.
  • Neutral figures block line of sight.