KORGOTH of BARBARIA Talisman set

By Uvatha, in Talisman Home Brews

acd940752cc906de6f95e0554a4e8174.jpg

The Great Cities have risen and fallen.

Civilization's grip on mankind has grown weak and arthritic.

Dark forces seek to renew forgotten covenants, and primordial beasts reclaim the wilderness.

Out of the frozen north, a man emerges - a man of a barbaric age, whose merciless savagery may be the only key to his survival. They call him

KORGOTH!

Based on the Korgoth of Barbaria pilot episode for what was originally planned as an American animated television series . Go on the quest with a team of rather useless henchman to the Floating Tower of the Wizard Specules defeat his magical chewy gum powers and gain the powerful (yet somewhat strange) Golden Goblin of the 4th age!. Or just hang around and get drunk.

Working on a Expansion set. Any comments over game play or rules etc etc. Even ideas on new content will be welcome :) .

Still no comments? Aw, has anyone played the set? no-one

Working on yet another Expansion keeping the expansions small so later I can combine them all into the Monster Korgoth Set. The next one is going to be biased around the Henchmen adding effects etc etc.

sorry dude, just don't know this character story.

but I do have a question. are you printing real cards using genuine card stock, or just prototyping with simple desktop work? I'm debating ordering a series from one print house I've found.

I have seen the cartoon and it was very funny :) But I know nothing about this expansion* to comment on it. You didn't really present any description of it.

All I can say that visually it looks really nice and seems to keep the spirit of the original.

* (if it's even an expansion, maybe to since it has an expansion?)

Edited by Bludgeon

I suggest watching the pilot episode Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep65rr-9qjQ

But basically like the story its the quest of Korgoth of Barabria (played by the playing characters) to travel to the Floating Tower of the Wizard Specules defeat him and gain the powerful Golden Goblin of the 4th age!.

Pretty simple really when you watched the pilot episode?

I'm just printing with simple desktop work I might get them done better but for now I'm just interested in what other players think. I personally think its my best homebrew yet but I'm biased :) .

But basically like the story its the quest of Korgoth of Barabria (played by the playing characters) to travel to the Floating Tower of the Wizard Specules defeat him and gain the powerful Golden Goblin of the 4th age!.

So it's a standalone game?

So it's a standalone game?

No its like a side quest to the Talisman game. You don't have to go on it but that Golden Goblin of the fourth age is so cool... :) .

Update both the Korgoth and Barbaric! sets have had their rules updated to version 1.1 just timing and card issues rule changes due to the play-testing of next expansion. Keep the comments issues coming.

After having a look at The Cataclysm I've changed the Korgoth set because I do not think the Tavern will have the same rolling chart as the first main board. So now I've said you just get -1 to your tavern visit rolls. I will readdress the cards when The Cataclysm comes out (or the rules).

I see you made new cards from Deep Realms card template. Can you share it? I'm brainstorming about developing some kind of rats-invade-the-city mini expansion, and this template would be perfect.

I see you made new cards from Deep Realms card template. Can you share it? I'm brainstorming about developing some kind of rats-invade-the-city mini expansion, and this template would be perfect.

No I got them from the latest Strange Eons update. I'm not that clever :) .

c44f0c49d11ed7ba4002fd180e6838ff.png

And another expansion: The Henchmen... This one has a nice Henchman Token :) . More coming.