VASSAL Spring Skirmish Tournament for Europe

By jacenat, in Imperial Assault Organized Play

Hey guys!

For those not listening in to our podcast (which you should! ), we are conducting an Imperial Assault Skirmish tournament via VASSAL in a few weeks.

To have the relevant info outside of the podcast, I made a news post on the website: http://boardwars.eu/vassal-spring-tournament/

General stuff:

* Europeans only (timezone, shipping of prizes)

* Return to Hoth for the 1st place, Wave 5 Ally Pack of choice for 2nd place

* Current tournament rules and map pool applies

* Join us on our discord server for practice (also US guys of course!) and finding your opponents during the tournament

If this goes reasonably well, we might expand this to the US or even worldwide during the summer. And of course the main goal is to get people playing in the first place :)

Hi,

How many games per week do we have for the league?

Are we free to change our squad for every match?

How many games per week do we have for the league?a

Are we free to change our squad for every match?

We are aiming for 1 game a week with the high chance of 1-2 weeks break during Easter.

Play time will be negotiable with the opponent for at least the swiss round, probably also in the finals. But since we would really like to cast the final game on twitch, we will probably restrict that some what.

As for switching: No. For the swiss, you will be limited to one army (the one you sent in with the registration). For the finals we might allow players to re-tool once. But even then, players will need to stick to their faction. Also, even if VASSAL would support Wave 4 by the time a possible re-tooling might occur, players would still be limited to Return to Hoth material.

Ive only used vassel for 1 game of Guildball but I am interested in playing here, except I have no idea on how the controls work etc etc. Unless my opponent is very forgiving for some slow play im in :)

Ive only used vassel for 1 game of Guildball but I am interested in playing here, except I have no idea on how the controls work etc etc. Unless my opponent is very forgiving for some slow play im in :)

You are not alone. Other player will also have limited experience with VASSAL.

If you want to get more practice in, join us on http://discord.me/bweu and ask someone to play :)

And don't forget to register before the weekend is over! :)

Just saw the news. Thanks!