Nymeria Sand & Her Icon Removal - Surely This Wasn't Intended?

By Baynwulf, in Rules Questions

I've seen a lot of people talking about the way in which Nymeria Sand works. Most people seem to be over the consensus that she can take an icon (Military, Intrigue or Power) regardless of whether or not the character had one to begin with.

Now - while I'm happy for that to be what it means it surely can't be what is intended? This makes a card that was already going to be excellent utterly insane. Yes, she costs a fair bit at 5 Gold but most people have plenty of ways to get her into play with reducers.

Surely the design of this card SHOULD be that she takes an icon from a character from what they have in their selection - beating them at their own game and tipping off the rest of her Sand Snakes. There has been plenty of discussion on this as I have already mentioned but to me - it just seems a bit...weird.

I guess maybe the balance to her is that you NEED Sand Snakes and if you blank her text box then she's a 4 strength 'nothing' character for anything other than domination. Still, it doesn't remove the fact that her skill - as most people seem to read it - seems a bit, well, cheesy.