Symbols in the new set

By Tinman, in UFS General Discussion

So with all the previews/leaked information, what are the symbols shaping up to be like in the new set? Are we going to see a one-sided set, or will it be balanced?

So far we can guess that:

Taki: Wind, Chaos, Life

Xianghua: Wind, Life, Water

Mitsurugi: All, Fire, Life

Yoshimitsu: All, Death, Order

Amy: ???, ???, ???

(These guesses are based on the previewed cards, assuming they are a 3 symbol match with their leading characters.)

Already I can see some problems with this. Unless Amy is a 3 symbol dropout, there is literally no overreaching support for Earth, Evil, or Void. And even if she is Earth, Evil, Void, her card pool is limited to her stuff. Meanwhile, Life is able to use close to 3/5 of the set, no problem.

If Tekken and Shadowar was the Reign of Fire, the new Soul Calibur set is looking to be the Reign of Life.

Thoughts? Opinions?

-Tinman

Unfortunately if you're a playtester you already know the answer and the NDA prevents us from disclosing, sorry. However I will say that you aren't TOO far off and also that there will be Void cards around to mess with, hooray!

Amy's card had Good, Order, and Water.

Shady said:

Amy's card had Good, Order, and Water.

Woot there are cards with Water without Life... And there is some Order cards without Fire... There's a bit more drive to play with other symbols than Fire/Life/Earth/Chaos/Air... Other symbols need Luv Too.

Good to hear their will be Void cards. I personally enjoy Void, though it is a bit of a one trick pony currently (hopefully Lizardman will change that).

I hope their is some evil somewhere in the set. Earth too. I was hoping to jump into those two symbols next, but if we are looking at a whole set without a character main-symboling any of those two, I may have to hold off again on them.

-Tinman

wind is gettin a lil bit of love which i like as its my favorite symbol ever!! I just hope its enough to make it good or at the very least decent

So even though we all already know this set was intended to be paired up with the Tekken set, you're going to be "disappointed" if this set is relatively unbalanced?

You want your support for the symbols not in SCIV02? Go look at T601.

VikramS said:

Unfortunately if you're a playtester you already know the answer and the NDA prevents us from disclosing, sorry. However I will say that you aren't TOO far off and also that there will be Void cards around to mess with, hooray!

Void? Hmm, I wonder which character that'd be? =p

Yoshimitsu - All/Order/Void
Amy - Good/Order/Water
Mitsurugi - All/Fire/Life
Taki - Air/Chaos/Life
Xianghua - Air/Life/Water

Woot...life everywhere <3

MarcoPulleaux said:

VikramS said:

Void? Hmm, I wonder which character that'd be? =p

Amy - Good/Order/Water
Taki - Air/Chaos/Life

Woot...life everywhere <3

It's about time that life gets a big boost

Well, lets say that this set was supposed to be balanced with Tekken. Lets look at the symbol breakdown over both of them:

Tekken:

Paul: All, Fire, Order

Christie: All, Life, Water

Kazuya: Chaos, Death, Evil

Nina: Air, Death, Void

King: Earth, Good, Void

New SCIV:

Amy - Good/Order/Water

Taki - Air/Chaos/Life

So assuming these symbols are close, this is the character breakdown for each symbol (New 2 sets - Over all block):

Fire: 2 - 9

Water: 3 - 5

Earth: 1 - 6

Air: 3 - 6

Death: 2 - 7

Life: 4 - 9

Chaos: 2 - 6

All: 4 - 7

Void: 3 - 7

Order: 3 - 5

Evil: 1 - 5

Good: 2 - 6

Gee, and look at that. Some of the symbols that have been seen as unplayable, or at least not top tier, are not going to get much better, from a card pool stand. All I was saying is that things are not going to change with this set, aside from Life going up a Tier, most likely.

-Tinman

This entire analysis is based on nothing.

The characters haven't been spoiled yet. We don't know if the cards previewed even share more than a symbol with their character. I'd personally wait until the characters are spoiled before I start to cry wolf.

Tbh, I have no idea how you assumed Yoshimitsu was All/Order/Void when the previewed card was All/Death/Order... all speculation. And it will remain speculation until not only the characters are spoiled but their entire support is; which is to say, the day of the prerelease.

Yoshimitsu has to have death.... he just has to!

chinese boxer said:

Yoshimitsu has to have death.... he just has to!

Then again, even Good was in a previous Yoshimitsu...

Yoshimitsu has had Order and Void on every character incarnation, and has had Death, Evil, and Good as his 3rd symbols.

Ergo, I'm assuming that Death was simply tacked-on instead of his Void because it reminds them of Void pieces past.

However, I'm really, really hoping for either a Chaos Yoshimitsu or Air Yoshimitsu.

Nevertheless, I more than likely won't play him, especially if he's LOLICUTMYSELF again.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Nevertheless, I more than likely won't play him, especially if he's LOLICUTMYSELF again.

pfft

Depending on what he's doing, I'm going to play him. The rest of the characters in the set look boring as hell.

Homme Chapeau said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

pfft

Depending on what he's doing, I'm going to play him. The rest of the characters in the set look boring as hell.

Not sure why you would say that since NONE of characters have even been spoiled yet. Maybe we'll get some really interesting new mechanics in the set. (Unless you have actually seen some of these charcters, in which case I really hate you :) .......)

All I can say is someone needs to have earth. I need more earth cards like a crack baby needs crack. While I'm at it I wouldn't mind seeing another Rock character... One that doesn't suck.

thejuan said:

All I can say is someone needs to have earth. I need more earth cards like a crack baby needs crack. While I'm at it I wouldn't mind seeing another Rock character... One that doesn't suck.

Not gonna happen. As much as I wish it would.

chinese boxer said:

Not sure why you would say that since NONE of characters have even been spoiled yet. Maybe we'll get some really interesting new mechanics in the set. (Unless you have actually seen some of these charcters, in which case I really hate you :) .......)

I haven't.

But Taki/Mitsurugi/Xianghua have always been boring to play (for me), and Amy just doesn't look like she'll fit my style.

thejuan said:

I'd love Elephant Man, but unfortunately, there will be no Earth chars in this set.

Also Homme, you've found Taki and Xiang boring? That's a shame, I've found so much love for ::Taki::, .:::Taki:::., and *Xianghua*

all off Air, coincidentally enough.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Also Homme, you've found Taki and Xiang boring? That's a shame, I've found so much love for ::Taki::, .:::Taki:::., and *Xianghua*

all off Air, coincidentally enough.

And Xianghua was pretty much "Oh I'm like *Balrog* only with a better ability, better stats and better symbol spread" - Considering I played *Balrog* before that ***** came out? Yeah.

They better add Maxi as a promo for this set

Scarred_Angel said:

Not gonna happen

Promos characters include:

Sophitia
Lizardman
Yun-Seong

and to a lesser extent

Kilik

MarcoPulleaux said:

Scarred_Angel said:

Not gonna happen

Promos characters include:

Sophitia
Lizardman
Yun-Seong

and to a lesser extent

Kilik

How do you know weve only seen 5 of the 7 promos for the new set.....7 meaning the number printed on the bottom of the card telling me how many cards are in the set.....

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

How do you know weve only seen 5 of the 7 promos for the new set.....7 meaning the number printed on the bottom of the card telling me how many cards are in the set.....

He meant as a pre-release promo. I thought that was obvious.