new expansions i and maybe you want to see. please leave some ideas here.

By hotel2051, in Talisman

i rember playing the old expansions like the city, timescape, and the dungeon and they were all great. and hopefully ffg wont disappear like everyone else, cause i would like for them to re-relase them all. gran_risa.gif but what i would also like to see is the main board more fleshed out like the city was. possible expansions: village, tavarn, ruins,temple, castle,crypt,mines,warlocks cave. i mostly want to see the village,castle, and the temple to become expansions cause i always loved going into the city, it always had cool cards and events as well as those charecter upgrade cards. i feel using that same formule/magic/chemistery/flare/recipe what ever you wana call it would be great.

i mentioned the other places cause i felt they could be used/set up like how the dungeon was. either the same format or not, either or. as well as including seperate cards. happy.gif

p.s. to those who are reading this and agree and disagre, commenting on if you like it or not is nice but i would prefer if you would leave some ideas on what you would like to see as an expansion. that way if ffg see's your posts (if they even care about looking at there own forum) maybe they'll see that we want them to get a move on/get the lead out/hurry up/go faster and start focusing more on talisman.

most (if not all) companies care only about profit, so if we show them that we are more than just a niche market they will show us more attention, and hopefully more manpower will be delgated to the talisman games. so please do your part, leave some ideas.thank you for your time. aplauso.gif

Nice post!

I would like to see the old ones re-released with all the broken bits fixed (High mage, warhorse, unlimited timewarp on timescape board etc).

Just ask the community, everyone will have ideas and house rules they play.

There are some really great homebrew expansions such on talismanisland as well to get ideas from.

I never owned third edition, but I kinda liked the style of expansions that was used on each corner of the board, and provided an advantage of sorts.

As for my own ideas, I would like to see some Diablo style group equipment, items that gain bonuses the more you obtain. Eg Death sword is +1 in combat but if have picked up Death Armour you gain +2 bonus etc.. hope you get the idea.

Everything but not timescape -_-

Arfi said:

Everything but not timescape -_-

Agreed. It had no place in a high fantasy based game. Talismanisland is one of several places to get ideas. To add a shameless plug, I've also listed a couple of others in an opening to a series of articles addressing thoughts on how to create Talisman game elements while maintaining game balance. You can find this at my LiveJournal . Talismanisland.com also has links to other notable Talisman fan sites.

What was right, I mean wrong, with Timescape? partido_risa.gif We take bets on whether a TS character will live-or-die before escaping the place. Of all the characters, the Space Marine died the quickest, despite being a seven-and-a-half-fppt. genetically modified, super-human, killing-machine. .

Of all the old school expansions, The City proved to be the most interesting and innovative. Jobs were a fantastic addition to the game, and a great way to add variety to your characters (even if temporarily). Dungeon was weak, linear and rather tiresome. The only reason to go down their was for The Dog (" Awwwwww, wook a widdle puppy! Did lassie fall down the well, too? ").

However, whilst the art was disgusting, the L-Shaped boards of the later edition were a great way of keeping everything together and tidy - and simply looked cool. Never played these much, though, so can't comment on how good they were.

Got to say though, my interest is picked with the addition of Fate. Great idea (both game mechanic- and setting-wise, i.e. ties in with WFRP). Can't wait to see how that plays out.

I would love a mausoleum or crypt expansion with undead characters like vampire,wight,warlock,necromancer,werewolf,just too name a few examples.[THE WEREWOLF CHARACTER WOULD BE AWESOME!!] The card deck would consist of undead themes and enemies like zombies,banshees,ancient skeleton warriors,bone dragons,etc....It would also have great treasures, powerful weapons and traps in every corner.Maybe could have special tokens too represent vampirism or lycanthropy if attacked by a vampire or werewolf. I could add more elements but just wanted too give an example of an undead expansion. demonio.gif

Lancer T said:

I would love a mausoleum or crypt expansion with undead characters like vampire,wight,warlock,necromancer,werewolf,just too name a few examples.[THE WEREWOLF CHARACTER WOULD BE AWESOME!!] The card deck would consist of undead themes and enemies like zombies,banshees,ancient skeleton warriors,bone dragons,etc....It would also have great treasures, powerful weapons and traps in every corner.Maybe could have special tokens too represent vampirism or lycanthropy if attacked by a vampire or werewolf. I could add more elements but just wanted too give an example of an undead expansion. demonio.gif

Great Idea!!! Don't forget about the Ghoul character LOL...he was one of my favorites. gui%C3%B1o.gif

To Play off that idea a Feudal Japan/China theme. Could include characters like The Ninja, The Marial Artist, Samurai, Wu-Jen, Sukenja,Kensai, and/or Bushi. Could have interesting spells centered around the Chinese Zodiac. Weapons like Masamune and/or Muramasa. Could make for some interesting unique followers Ki-Rin & maybe a fun Mystic Monkey to name a few. Bring back the Chinese Dragon plus his buddies(oooo I hated that guy). Could have in addition Oni & Ronin style monsters. Maybe even have a mechanic to were you could plead for the Emporer's Blessing since he is a living god in that realm, maybe he can grant you passage to the Crown of Command. Finding the Forbidden City adventure card...you name it it could probably work. The Japanese/Chinese mythos is so rich you could literally go into 50 different directions with a expansion such as this.

I'm not too picky about the theme of the expansion but I would enjoy an addition to the board. I never got to play Talisman with any of the expansions, save for the GBA port that was done by the AWESOME MyWifeRocks Produtions, and only the Dungeon was fully implemented without graphical bugs. So I find the extra play areas to be really cool. I also like the idea that one of the expansions had alternate endings (not sure which one) sure the Crown is cool but so would be fighting an overpowered boss (doesnt have to be the Dragon King,) or having to return an item to a specific place (shifts the gameplay to a more active PvP setting,) or maybe even for games that have 4 or 6 players a team game.