Which class supplement would be the best

By Stark464, in Dark Heresy General Discussion

Looking at the constant Star Wars supplements for their classes is making my tech-priest feel left out!

Which class in 2nd E needs a supplement the most, and why? Somehow a double page per class leaves a lot to be desired!

Looking at the constant Star Wars supplements for their classes is making my tech-priest feel left out!

Which class in 2nd E needs a supplement the most, and why? Somehow a double page per class leaves a lot to be desired!

Define "class". We've got roles, backgrounds and home worlds, but no classes, so far. :P

Being serious, I don't think role-focused splats are particularly useful; one Warrior doesn't necessarily have a vast amount in common with another. Backgrounds are more promising; I definately think we could do with some more Mechanicus options; a Skitarii background, a Magos Elite advance and so on.

I think the Ecclesiarchy has pretty decent coverage between the Ministorum background and the Sororitas background and got a lot of useful talents and weapons in Within.

A book about Assassins might be fun, especially if it included Elite Advances to let high-end PCs become temple initiates.

Define "class". We've got roles, backgrounds and home worlds, but no classes, so far. :P

Being serious, I don't think role-focused splats are particularly useful; one Warrior doesn't necessarily have a vast amount in common with another. Backgrounds are more promising; I definately think we could do with some more Mechanicus options; a Skitarii background, a Magos Elite advance and so on.

I think the Ecclesiarchy has pretty decent coverage between the Ministorum background and the Sororitas background and got a lot of useful talents and weapons in Within.

A book about Assassins might be fun, especially if it included Elite Advances to let high-end PCs become temple initiates.

I'd strongly suggest avoiding Temple Initiates. They are usually taken as children, and always have their memories and personalities erased. They're barely even people any more.

But yeah, Background splats would be awesome. 'Adeptus Arbites, Enforcers, and the Scum They Hunt' or such could cover the Arbites, Enforcers, and Outcasts - maybe even some Administratum things too.

Yeah background splats is what I meant :) Books on adeptus mechanicus, arbites, but also the 'roles' I find are not well enough explained, like desperado and seeker. Getting advanced classes or maybe even a chapter on what skills, talents and characteristics can be built to make different versions. And of course role-specific talents! They have a little box for that in the core book but its sooo tiny. The one that would have the most meat would probably be the Astra Telepathica or psykers in general, would also be interesting.

'Psykers, Sanctioned and Otherwise, and their Soul-less Guardians' would be solid content!