Baltimore area, Maryland - Game Of Thrones game night @ Alternate Worlds Comics & Games

By Alternate Worlds, in Organized Play

We are happy to announce that Alternate Worlds started to host a Game Of Thrones gaming night in the shop. We have a few players coming in and there is no attendance cap.

When: every THURSDAY starting @ 6:30 p.m.
Come to play, have fun and get a participation promo card.
One player each week will get a Game of Thrones card case (storage box).
Then once everyone gained on skills, we will be gearing up for the major tournament bash in March and the winner will get a Game of Thrones playmat from the official Fantasy Flight Games Organized play kit Winter 2015/16.
All the prizes come from the FFG Winter 2015 OP kit + some extras from Summer 2015 kit.
Alternate Worlds Comics & Games
10854 York Rd
Timonium / Hunt Valley, MD 21030

Is this store community active still or growing? We have a group of 7-8 players who get together at each other's homes right now but a few of us have interest in playing more competitively. Sadly we live south of Baltimore so making 6:30 is tough.

Right now we play Fridays and don't think most of us can do another night due to work (and I'm sure you have Friday Night MTG). If the group is solid a few of us may pop in from time to time.

Is this store community active still or growing? We have a group of 7-8 players who get together at each other's homes right now but a few of us have interest in playing more competitively. Sadly we live south of Baltimore so making 6:30 is tough.

Right now we play Fridays and don't think most of us can do another night due to work (and I'm sure you have Friday Night MTG). If the group is solid a few of us may pop in from time to time.

Euphius, I am another player south of baltimore and I'm curious if you're/your group is still around. I play occasionally at Canton games and regularly at Games and Stuff in Glen Burnie.

Hi, I'm near Frederick and am interested in attending or joining the group. I plan to contact Alt World and come over a play some. Is the group of players still meeting and playing regularly? Let me know. I know a store in Frederick where we can play a day of the week or Saturday afternoon.evening.

On 09/03/2017 at 10:10 PM, Thanks4Playing said:

Hi, I'm near Frederick and am interested in attending or joining the group. I plan to contact Alt World and come over a play some. Is the group of players still meeting and playing regularly? Let me know. I know a store in Frederick where we can play a day of the week or Saturday afternoon.evening.

Hey, did you find anywhere in Frederick to play? Recently moved to the area and looking for a regularly group for AGoT (and the other FFG LCGs - Star Wars and Conquest). Thanks.

I've played some in Games and Stuff in Glen Burnie. At Tournament City Games in Frederick they offer TNT starting April 6th (today) from 6-9PM I'll be there.

58 minutes ago, Thanks4Playing said:

I've played some in Games and Stuff in Glen Burnie. At Tournament City Games in Frederick they offer TNT starting April 6th (today) from 6-9PM I'll be there.

Sorry, TNT?

Thursday Night Thrones.

3 minutes ago, Thanks4Playing said:

Thursday Night Thrones.

Ah thank you - relatively new to the game - played a few matches with the wife to learn the rules, she couldn't have been less interested.

Edited by Spellfire

I feel your pain! I couldn't get my wife to do that.

Had a similar experience with a friend. He kinda looked at the cards and tossed the hand in! If it's not a normal deck (2 - Ace) people don't know what to do.

LMK if you can make it to Tournament City Games tonight. I played 1st edition of the game but just started back on 2nd edition. I can also play most Saturday afternoons.