RogueLieutenant's Painted Miniatures

By Rogue Dakotan, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

Really nice job on Leia. I like her puffy coat on the back.

Everything is great but those Echo Base Troopers and Leia seem to really pop. You did a great job putting some color variations into a pretty monochromatic color scheme.

Thanks. It was hard finding decent reference images for the Echo Base troopers, as there are a lot of variants. Which I suppose gives you a lot of leeway on color choices too.

The red Rebel Troopers and the Alliance Smugglers really pop. They all look great, clean, and crisp.

CdEvf9tVIAAc0op.jpg

Here's another preview.

I had a spare IG-88 that I wanted to paint to look like IG-90 from the Vader comics. And I'm running MHD in our Return to Hoth campaign so I wanted to get him painted.

The lighting in this picture is pretty bright, but i managed to mix a metallic with this aqua-green color that I thought turned out pretty nicely.

I love your podcasts, guys. I listen to them a lot while I'm working outside. I really like the RPG ones, they were funny.

"Okay, I'm going to throw the dead dog's leg at them now."

I love your podcasts, guys. I listen to them a lot while I'm working outside. I really like the RPG ones, they were funny.

"Okay, I'm going to throw the dead dog's leg at them now."

Hey thanks. :) It's nice to get feedback, particularly about the RPG. We might be trying to do a full RPG sometime soon if we can get the details worked out. ;)

nice work, i particularly love the touch of blood on the one Wampa's face and chest

finished my Bantha the other day.

CdU3M__VIAAN8Om.jpg

CdU3OsaUEAAxw2c.jpg

The red jerseys on the Rebel Troopers is very apropos.

I love the color scheme on the smugglers. Thanks for sharing!

WP_20160225_17_02_53_Pro-1024x578.jpg WP_20160225_17_03_31_Pro-1024x578.jpg WP_20160225_17_06_37_Pro-1024x578.jpg WP_20160225_17_06_56_Pro-1024x578.jpg WP_20160225_17_10_04_Pro-1024x578.jpg WP_20160225_17_09_49_Pro-1024x578.jpg WP_20160225_17_09_39_Pro-1024x578.jpg

I love you work! You did an outstanding job on all of them, and I love the colors you used on the two Alliance smugglers but I can't help that I hear the Disco version or the Star Wars theme song when I see the two alliance smugglers. It's the star field in the background and pose of the two figures kind of looks like their dancing at a disco. I would like to use your color sceam on them if you don't mind. Excellent work!!!

I love you work! You did an outstanding job on all of them, and I love the colors you used on the two Alliance smugglers but I can't help that I hear the Disco version or the Star Wars theme song when I see the two alliance smugglers. It's the star field in the background and pose of the two figures kind of looks like their dancing at a disco. I would like to use your color sceam on them if you don't mind. Excellent work!!!

Thank you. And of course feel free to use the color schemes. The blue one i just did my best to imitate the art on the card of the smuggler.

Another batch of previews until I can do the official photoshoot for my next batch of minis:

Cfp5wnjUIAARLOa.jpg

Ce_bQE8UUAEGDJG.jpg

And my humble painting setup:

Ce_GRMUUkAAZEFS.jpg

Recently made myself a wet palette and it's actually pretty handy.