Sturmtruppen's painting

By Sturmtruppen X1, in Imperial Assault Painting and Modification

After playing the whole IMP Assault campaign about 3-4 times I decided to follow in the footsteps of many of its players and try my hand at a bit of painting.

Here are my first attempts....Constructive criticism welcomed/appreciated....... :D

Snowtroopers (Return to Hoth)

IMG_3357_zpsm6y74u6h.jpg

Will keep you guys updated with my progress!

Edited by Sturmtruppen X1

Hoth Troopers.

IMG_3369_zpsmscs9evl.jpg

They look nice!

I like the look and clean finish. A suggestion: after having seen one of my friend's take on Snowies I did the same myself: instead of doing everything (helmets and clothing and backpack) all white I have also gone for making the clothing (cape and pants) a slight pale greenish sand color. And the backpacks will be part grey especially on the backplate. This might not be completely canonical (though some images suggest it would be "okay") but it does look good on the maps and gives the figures more characteristics for the eyes.

Even the 501st Snowtroopers aren't completely white-white: http://databank.501st.com/mw501/images/e/e2/TS_full.jpg

I like the look and clean finish. A suggestion: after having seen one of my friend's take on Snowies I did the same myself: instead of doing everything (helmets and clothing and backpack) all white I have also gone for making the clothing (cape and pants) a slight pale greenish sand color. And the backpacks will be part grey especially on the backplate. This might not be completely canonical (though some images suggest it would be "okay") but it does look good on the maps and gives the figures more characteristics for the eyes.

Even the 501st Snowtroopers aren't completely white-white: http://databank.501st.com/mw501/images/e/e2/TS_full.jpg

This is quite a good reference pic.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/e0/Snowtrooper_DICE.png/revision/latest?cb=20151106170633

I might use this when I come to painting my own. :)

After playing the whole IMP Assault campaign about 3-4 times I decided to follow in the footsteps of many of its players and try my hand at a bit of painting.

Here are my first attempts....Constructive criticism welcomed/appreciated.......

Really nice first IA effort, clean with nice subtle shading in the recesses. Well done!

Edited by Viperous

STORMIES!!!!!

Hoth Troopers.

IMG_3369_zpsmscs9evl.jpg

Posted Hoth Troopers!!

nice!

Finally got round to painting the Royal Guards!

IMG_3343_zpshnhqp1uc.jpg

And Probe Droids (using Sorastro's guide).

9e5016be-1b00-4d66-8da8-ed5018fa7847_zps

93757260-5b39-46ef-a5b8-a85c56589039_zps

Wookiee Warriors!!

IMG_3362_zpsoqze16ki.jpg

IMG_3364_zpsvdqxfzx1.jpg

Love the wookiee warriors! :wub:

stormies!.....in snow garb!! awesome

No! They are SNOWIES!!

Wookiee Warriors!!

Nice work Sturmtruppen, You must be quite a rapid painter to knock them up so quickly! :)

Good Job.

No! They are SNOWIES!!

Wookie Warriors

Nice work Sturmtruppen, You must be quite a rapid painter to knock them up so quickly! :)

Good Job.

Both quantity and quality painting! :)

No! They are SNOWIES!!

Wookie Warriors

Good Job.

Both quantity and quality painting! :)

Thanks a lot!! :ph34r:

Loku Kanoloa and MHD-19

IMG_3575_zpsptaqgx1x.jpg

IMG_3577_zpshvbqngha.jpg

MDH-19 (A VERY inspiring figure :rolleyes: )......Or not.

IMG_3580_zpsxtpsredw.jpg

MDH-19'S torso is actually blue but it wont show up on the pic. :unsure:

IG-88!

IMG_3376_zpsdkrhnf0d.jpg

IMG_3378_zpsqzba3f6n.jpg

Really like Loku Kanoloa and IG-88!

thx means a lot. :)

thx means a lot. :)

Yeah, your Loku is pretty cool!

what colours did you use for loku's skin?

The head was painted in GW wild rider red.

The blotches on the it were painted in a dark brown(can't remember the name of the paint)before i gave it a coat of Agrax Earthshade.

I then highlighted the head up again with wild rider red before giving it a couple of coats of bloodletter glaze.

cool!!! :)

The head was painted in GW wild rider red.

The blotches on the it were painted in a dark brown(can't remember the name of the paint)before i gave it a coat of Agrax Earthshade.

I then highlighted the head up again with wild rider red before giving it a couple of coats of bloodletter glaze.

thx might use this for my figure!

Nexu..

IMG_3488_zpsmeoyc0me.jpg

Tuskan Raiders

IMG_3496_zps0pnxnola.jpg

HK Assassin Droids (sry for the bad pic)

IMG_3494_zpszqalaote.jpg